Did you mean: 

Positive thinking thread

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys!

This might be a bit fluffy, but I'll post anyway. Lots of sad/scary news stories and situations out there nowadays... I think it would be nice to have a positive thinking thread. A few days ago apparently it was a "Positive Thinking Day", so I thought why not share some good/happy/lucky/funny stuff that has happened to us (or that we know of) lately, in a thread. slight_smile

Please share: what was the latest positive thing that you learned of or that happened to you? (even small things count!)

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Not to take this positive thinking thread off topic ...  but ... my cat is comfy on my bed amongst the duvet Cat Very Happy ... & ... he gives me positive thinking during my blue times, but not when he's stropping on the carpet / settee LOL but hey I really don't mind = Marty is a positive thing in my life :womanvery-happy:

Is there snow all year round in Helsinki @Marjo? the architecture looks very interesting ... here's wishing you a great time with your dad slight_smile

Stropping? Is that the same as scooting? tongue If so, he might have worms.... open_mouth Probably not the best topic for a happy thread though!

Helsinki normally has snow around November (maybe late October if unlucky) until sometime in April. Nowadays it seems to snow less and less though, or maybe I'm just imagining it since I don't really go out and play in the snow anymore. grin Oh yes, lack of snow is a positive thing for me definitely!

Message 11 of 37

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Jane probably means 'having a strop' @Marjo (in a bad mood)... Or it could mean Marty is scratching the settee...?Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 37

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Jane probably means 'having a strop' @Marjo (in a bad mood)... Or it could mean Marty is scratching the settee...?Cat

Ah! Well that's alright. There are some annoying habits that our cats get into, but we love them anyway. It's just in their nature! However, I do recommend not to get real leather sofas. LOL You should see what mine looked like after a few months!

To keep in the topic (am I stretching it now?), I am happy that I got a canvas sofa from Ikea instead of leather. All they do is sleep or sit on it and look out the window. grin The cats I mean.

Message 13 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Ermmm just to quickly say. I have a brown leather sofa and matching chairs...I also have scratching posts throughout...so I am positively happy about those posts .LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 37

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Lucky! No scratches on them? open_mouth

I had a huge scratching post, more like a scratching castle, for the cats. But they still preferred the leather sofa. 😞

Message 15 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Lucky! No scratches on them? open_mouth

I had a huge scratching post, more like a scratching castle, for the cats. But they still preferred the leather sofa. 😞

Oh yes...a few scratches... but hey a good trick is just use some brown leather polish and buff it up. It doesn't get rid of the scratches but not quite so obvious....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 37

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Oh must be more effective than what I tried then... it involved a black sharpie...

Message 17 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Oh must be more effective than what I tried then... it involved a black sharpie...

LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 37

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Ok enough about my destroyed leather sofa. tongue I have learned from my mistakes there!

So everyone, anything else positive you can tell me? I love reading about good news. heart

(If I ever have a bad day, I intend to come to this thread and read it through to make myself feel more positive!)

Message 19 of 37

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
You could always watch an episode of DIY SOS. Although I would keep some tissues handy...

Stuff that makes me happy:
getting woke up by my little girl wanting a cuddle and/or a kiss;
being sat on the sofa snuggled up with my little girl and my wife watching a film and eating popcorn;
getting an answer marked as a solution on the o2 Community...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 20 of 37