cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pokémon Go - Are you a monster catching addict?

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

How do you get Pikachu on the bus? You pokémon. Get it?! LOL

You all know what Pokémon is and you've all seen the world go crazy for the new Pokémon Go game for the past few days, but it's now officially out in the UK and we've seen folk walk into lamp posts, go to the gym but not work out, or pet dogs are now getting the most exercise of their lives...

But what about you? Is going around catching virtual monsters with an augmented reality game/app the #newnormal, or is it nothing but a fad that will fade away?

For iPhone users, get the game here

For Android users, get the game here

Check out our tell tale signs that your friend or loved one is a Pokémon Go addict

If you're a parent, check out NSPCC's guide to help keep your child safe while playing Pokémon Go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 141
140 REPLIES 140

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

It's obviously not for everyone but you can't deny the popularity. It's been a massive success for Nintendo and I've heard some nice positive stories around the game this week.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 21 of 141

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Thought I would just put this warning here from Bit Defender....came into my emails this afternoon

https://www.hotforsecurity.com/blog/pokemon-go-privacy-and-security-concerns-you-should-be-aware-of-...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 141

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Yes I read it this morning but the same can be applied to many things we download.

Message 23 of 141

MichaelL
  • 2233 Posts
  • -13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've been playing it and enjoying it. I'm only level 7 at the moment but it's nice to go and have a walk around the park which otherwise I might not. Lots of people in the local parks playing it and giving each other smiles and knowing glances and nods. Seems like a good thing if it gets more people out and about!
Message 24 of 141

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

The world goes mad for Pokemon Go....Rolleys Apparently people at Central Park see a 'rare Vaporean' (whatever the hell that is....) LOL

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/pokemon-go-video-central-park-vaporeon-rare-running...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 141

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Oh I see now...this is it...Confused

Pokemon.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 141

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
As we get older we slowly revert back to our childhood to the point where we need help in getting around and eating our food and be told when to go to bed etc etc

The process seems to be somewhat speeding up in certain social groups.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 28 of 141

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Well the media are telling us all...'This is technology...it's the latest craze...we should embrace it'......

Now...all I see in the clip I posted are a load of folk stopping their cars anywhere.....running willy nilly across a road  with the same sort of hysterical excitement and jubilation I would show if someone told me Elvis wasn't dead and was performing an impromptu concert in the park. Which simply means I am too old to 'embrace Pokemon Go' Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 141

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 30 of 141