Did you mean: 

O2 On Snapchat?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hi guys,

I have been discussing with @Marjo about the possibility of O2 (or even just the O2 Community) having a Snapchat account.

Here are some of the reasons why I think it is a good idea:

• It is a good way for O2 to interact with its customers.
  • It has been popular for numerous celebrities and TV shows and helps to up their profiles.
  • It would bring O2 more into the 21st century.
  • It's fun.
  • It's safe and no personal information would be exchanged.
  • It is less formal.

If you already use Snapchat, would you be happy for O2 to join?

If you don't currently use Snapchat, would you consider getting it if O2 joined?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. slight_smile

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thank you for your opinion @viridis 

This was only a suggestion.  Obviously if members are not happy with it then it will not happen.

I admit there are some negative views of snapchat and many people do use snapchat for things like that, but myself and the people that I have on my snapchat are not the type of people who send pictures like that.  The majority of people use snapchat for its main intention, which is to send random, innocent and silly pictures to eachother.  My last snapchat was of my cup of tea in a Starbucks mug - that's how exciting mine are lol LOL

Message 11 of 33

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Exactly the point in my first post.

Message 12 of 33

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Its a lovely idea @gemz4the1 , but I'm too sure if it would be possible for this community unfortunately in my personal view  slight_smile

Keep the wacky ideas coming everyone, as there are lots of options out there

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 33

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Ok I admit defeat - I guess it isn't a good idea.  Thank you for everyones opinions. slight_smile

Destroy   Don't know

....time to get my thinking cap back on....... Whistle

Message 14 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally can envision being endlessly 'spammed' by it if it was a Community thing, and that would very quickly become annoying.

Also I guess there may be the complexities of some people wanting to opt-out of (eg) Off-Topic related 'snaps' (is that the term?), and only getting the more serious ("can anyone help this user with this problem") type ones.

I'd imagine it would quickly become a headache to administer, but I admit I've never used it so could be talking complete twaddle.

Message 15 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It also goes beyond that @Anonymous 

After Viridis commented last night, I checked online and found some stories about how this can be abused.

A real eye opener about various pictures circulating on the internet originating from Snapchat type apps

Not for me thanks...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

I quite agree, if the developers could find a way of stopping your phone taking screenshots whilst the app was open as one the permissions, it would help with the problem, but it doesn't stop someone else taking a photo of the screen with their own phone/camera. 

It's a big trust issue, especially with 'personal' pics. Though I'm sure no-one would want to do any anything subversive with the pics of Croissants we get on here! slight_smile

Message 17 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Thankfully Toby has shown some common sense wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Maybe I forgot to mention that it'd be a one-way thing?

O2 admin could send the snapchats to its 'friends' aka the members, but members could not snapchat eachother.

But yes I understand your scepticism.  I guess it is like marmite, not everyone will like it

Message 20 of 33