cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News: iOS 8.0.2 released.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : Apple releases iOS 8.0.2 with fix for cellular and Touch ID issues. 

Excerpt from the ~ Link "Apple released iOS 8.0.2 to the public Thursday night, addressing issues that iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users encountered when updating to iOS 8.0.1, as well as several other improvements and bug fixes. The update is available for iPad 2 and newer models, iPhone 4s and newer models, as well as iPod touch 5th generation via an over-the-air update or directly through iTunes."

My Thoughts :

I hope this release is more stable than the 8.0.1 mess and addresses bugs instead of introducing them. 

I'll be checking out the various blogs and forums before I update and I'll report back here once I have. 

Source : idownloadblog

Read more here : iOS 8.0.2

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right Ok.

I turn mobile data off as a routine now to stop my iPhone from switching from WiFi to the Data connection to O2 when in sleep mode.
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone from 202.

She suggested about turning off the auto play setting on Facebook but I pointed out that I only use the app when I'm at home and on wifi. 

She also mentioned that if that did not help, I might have an issue with my iPhone (which I find hard to believe is the cause).

She went on to say that their system does not allow them to see what app, website, service etc has used data, so she was unable to look into it more to see what has used it.

As a good will gesture she has given me 500 mb of data free of charge. I currently have 519.57 MB remaining and its showing I've used from the 2 September till now 330.43MB, so this is way more than I have used previous to iOS 8.

If the data use continues, the next step I will try is to switch off Cellular Data in the Settings/Cellular section and see if cellular data use continues. But this isnt the answer to the issue though and appreciated as it is, neither is having to contact O2 and been offered a free data bolt on slight_smile

Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Right Ok.

I turn mobile data off as a routine now to stop myiPhone from switching fromWiFi to the Data connection toO2 when in sleep mode.

I might have to start doing this if my high data use continues.

I suppose doing this would save the need to keep my iPhone on wifi while at home in a bid to cut down mobile data use.

Its times like this that I wish we still had unlimited data slight_smile

It would be interesting to know if customers of the other mobile networks are having this high data use with iOS 8 or if its just isolated to O2.

Message 13 of 13