cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News: iOS 8.0.2 released.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : Apple releases iOS 8.0.2 with fix for cellular and Touch ID issues. 

Excerpt from the ~ Link "Apple released iOS 8.0.2 to the public Thursday night, addressing issues that iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus users encountered when updating to iOS 8.0.1, as well as several other improvements and bug fixes. The update is available for iPad 2 and newer models, iPhone 4s and newer models, as well as iPod touch 5th generation via an over-the-air update or directly through iTunes."

My Thoughts :

I hope this release is more stable than the 8.0.1 mess and addresses bugs instead of introducing them. 

I'll be checking out the various blogs and forums before I update and I'll report back here once I have. 

Source : idownloadblog

Read more here : iOS 8.0.2

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

I've updated. And still have an iPhone 6 Plus. And not a giant iPod Touch

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Further Update :

Write up from iDownloadblog on iOS 8.0.2

After checking out MacRumors Home Page Here and a Thread from people who have downloaded iOS 8.0.2 Here I decided to take the plunge and Update.

It does appear that some users in Australia are still having some issues after updating to iOS 8.0.2. 

My iPhone 5s is now on iOS 8.0.2 and I have Network Service.

Also the new update now allows me to insert pictures via the forum Rich Editor. Before on iOS 8.0 this was a bug.

@Anonymous 

This is what we spoke about in an earlier thread. 

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Further Update :

Write up from iDownloadblog on iOS 8.0.2

After checking out MacRumors Home Page Here and a Thread from people who have downloaded iOS 8.0.2 Here I decided to take the plunge and Update.

It does appear that some users in Australia are still having some issues after updating to iOS 8.0.2. 

My iPhone 5s is now on iOS 8.0.2 and I have Network Service.

Also the new update now allows me to insert pictures via the forum Rich Editor. Before on iOS 8.0 this was a bug.

@Anonymous 

This is what we spoke about in an earlier thread. 

Thanks for the update bandofbrothers. Nice to hear the insert pictures is working, I might take the plunge too later after I've read some reports on it slight_smile

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed one of the fixes of iOS 8.0.2 is:

'Fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages'

Just wondering if that was the cause of the reports on here (myself included) of having unexplainable high data use since updating to iOS 8?

I'm updating mine now to 8.0.2.

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's a very real possibility @Anonymous

I've updated my iPad Air and the lag I was experiencing in Safari has now gone.

Hope your data usage stabilises
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Are you having problems after upgrading to iOS 8.0.2?"

Source : iPhonehacks. 

More info Here

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update:

I'm defintely using more data since iOS 8 (I'm currently running 8.0.2) than I did with iOS 7.

9 days ago I contacted O2 as all my data had been used up. Basically I had went through 120 MB in 24 hours, which for me is unheard of.

9 days ago I was given 100 MB of data free of charge when I contacted 202 and explained there was no way I'd used that much data as my iPhone was on wifi and it was sitting beside me not getting used and that I'd checked in the cellular section to make sure there was nothing in there using data.

So 9 days ago I had 100 MB, now currently I have 20 MB left. I've been using wifi when I have been at home to try and minimise mobile data use.

Usually the 250 MB of data I receive on my tariff will easily last me a month, so at 80 MB per week, I'm going to run out in approximately a little over 3 weeks.

Think I'll contacted 202 again and ask them to look into further, as clearly there is something not right somewhere.

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Do you turn off Mobile Data whilst at home on WiFi to stop the iPhone flicking to Network connection when it sleeps ?

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Anonymous

Do you turn off Mobile Data whilst at home on WiFi to stop the iPhone flicking to Network connection when it sleeps ?

I dont turn Mobile Data off when I'm at home, but I have been using wifi when I'm at home. I never used to do either of these two things with iOS 7 and my data use was a lot less.

Message 10 of 13