cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : What’s new in iOS 8.1: Apple Pay, SMS Relay, Camera Roll Restored, Instant Hotspot and more

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline : What’s new in iOS 8.1: Apple Pay, SMS Relay, Camera Roll Restored, Instant Hotspot and more.

Excerpt from the link "At yesterday’s iPad and Mac Special Event, Apple announced that iOS 8.1 will be releasing publicly Monday, October 20th. The release, which was seeded as a beta to registered developers a few weeks back, comes with a number of new features as well as bug fixes."

My thoughts :

Quite a few inclusions in iOS 8.1. Having the Camera Roll back will be nice. Obviously the bug fixes is what many will be looking at.

Source : iClarified.
Read more here : http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/10/whats-new-in-ios-8-1.html
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I haven't noticed any changes yet.

The main change that myself and probably everyone else on O2 are probably eagerly waiting for is the option to switch between 2G, 3G and 4G.  Hopefully we will have an answer soon.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wifi has improved on my iPad air and the camera roll is back.

Some fonts are a little larger.

One main thing was the introduction of Apple Pay but that's only accessible in the United states for now.

A hot spot feature was made better too apparently.

Chris_K is on the case ref the connevtion toggle which is in o2's hands now to authorise.
Message 3 of 10

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I haven't updated my iPad yet.  I haven't noticed any change in wifi on my iPhone.

I prefer the fonts to be a bit smaller.  I'm still waiting for Whatsapp to update their app as the font is still a lot bigger than font on anything else on the iPhone.

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wifi on the iPhone was stable but my iPad Air would occasionally dropout resulting in me turning airplane mode on and off to reset it.

Weirdly it didn't start dropping out straightaway after updating to iOS 8.0.2 !

I keep seeing various apps being optimised on the blogs for the iPhone 6 models I read so I'm sure the developers of WhatsApp will soon catch up as its one of the main Apps people do use.
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know whether O2 supports Instant Hotspot as featured in iOS 8.1, in the UK.. If so how do you activate it?

Message 6 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you know whether O2 supports Instant Hotspot as featured in iOS 8.1, in the UK.. If so how do you activate it?

If this is for tethering it will be account and apn dependant.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
billbir

"Instant Hotspot allows you to connect your iPad or Mac to your iPhone easily by selecting it in the list of available WiFi networks."

More here http://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-enable-instant-hotspot-in-ios-8/
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
So, tethering then.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 10 of 10