cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : Everything you need to know about iPhone 6, Apple Pay and Apple Watch.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline :
Everything you need to know about iPhone 6, Apple Pay and Apple Watch.

Excerpt from the link "Well, that’s all folks. The ‘historic’ iPhone 6 event has come, and gone. All announcements have been made, all products unveiled, and we finally got to see what was in the mysterious white structure Apple built outside of the Flint Center."

My thoughts :

As my thread here ( http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Apple-Keynote-Thread-9-9-14/m-p/739121#U739121 which holds fantastic info and a big thank you to the members especially MI5 for adding all that info as the Apple keynote progressed) has quite a few pages I hope anyone wanting an easy guide then this helps.

Source : idownloadblog.
Read more here : http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/09/09/everything-to-know-iphone-6/
Message 1 of 136
135 REPLIES 135

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

I can't be held responsible for the banter posts, however the link does hold interesting information for those interested in the recent launch.
Message 61 of 136

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi @Anonymous

I can't be held responsible for the banter posts, however the link does hold interesting information for those interested in the recent launch.

Of course you can't @Anonymous - and I certainly don't and didn't hold you responsible.   But isn't it nice that it seems to have stopped?  Oh glorious peace and quiet!

Gerry 

Message 62 of 136

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

You know Apple is very much like a car company for example. The Jeep Cherokee for example even though the car has changed so much, it's distinct - you can tell a Jeep at a few paces. I'm afraid Apple are very like this with their designs, they all have quirks alas you can tell what you are buying.

I still say there is a bit of vanity that goes with these and also a bit of familarity and sense of ease that goes with them. Android based devices don't really change too much these days as well however the race to have the latest processor or more RAM is just a luxury at the end of the day.

Now this thing about Apple being 2 years behind does seem a bit like "OK but is it really necessary". I only used Contactless technology once with a debit card and whilst it's convenient, I don't trust it fully.

I think the biggest problem is the ideology anything that comes from Cupertino must be devoured by the media like a big greedy shark eating away at your sensibilities. It's great having the best technology available to hand and sometimes wish I had to budget to own more handsets. 

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 63 of 136

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very well put anticpated. slight_smile

I think we actually forget it's just a communications device

Apple launches will and always be the same. They generate oodles of interest both positive and negative.

And people are passionate about their choices.

It's all good.

Message 64 of 136

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

As a newcomer to this type of Apple frenzy I remain astounded that people today and I mean the younger ones ....(anyone is younger than me....)...are getting so hyped up about what is basically a phone.

How do they afford it?

My son is a real iPhone fan....even he knows this model is way out of his reach now...with a house and mortgage and a 3 year old daughter.... he recognises at last, where his priorities lie wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 65 of 136

Anonymous
Not applicable
I put some money to one side each month in a high interest account.

Work full time in October which earns me a higher wage and a very juicy bonus plus I sell my iPhone 5s for £260 so I'm just paying around £350 for the 16gb version.

And your right people are passionate about different things.
Message 66 of 136

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
My problem isn't "the price" but more of "justifying the price".
I can change my phone twice in a year for the price of one iPhone.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 67 of 136

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I put some money to one side each month in a high interest account.

Work full time in October which earns me a higher wage and a very juicy bonus plus I sell my iPhone 5s for £260 so I'm just paying around £350 for the 16gb version.

And your right people are passionate about different things.

I know BoB you have said so before...and I have no problem with what you do..if it suits your individual needs...

I am really talking about the 1000's of others who see this phone as a must have accessory and it is top of their priority list...and I DO have a valid point....(despite not being an Apple fan)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 68 of 136

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions
Message 69 of 136

Anonymous
Not applicable
Their are individuals who live and breath this stuff. People in lines even before the keynote. People who pay for a place in the line.

People who sell stuff to buy or even open up secondary contracts.

My philosophy is that if I don't have the cash in my pocket then if i want it I save.

That said if the product does not perform as shown on an unveiling then I won't buy it.

Message 70 of 136