cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News: Duke of Edinburgh Awards to go Digital

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Some of the world's biggest and most prolific technology companies have pledged to support the digital version of the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme, which was launched by the Duke of York earlier this year.

Among those that have said they will contribute money and resources to supporting the scheme are Microsoft, Telefonica, Silicon Valley Bank, Mozilla, KPMG and Barclays."

I always though the point of the Duke of Edinburgh award was to be in the great outdoors for most of it, but I guess a digital version has its place especially as it will be equip 14 -25 year olds with digital, enterprise and entrepreneurial skills.

Source: http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2014-08/21/microsoft-supports-idea

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144222 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
It's moving with the times I guess - Part of the fun for me was the expeditions we did though....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this is a great initiative!

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It's moving with the times I guess - Part of the fun for me was the expeditions we did though....

Did you finish it? Did get the full Gold award?

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144222 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions

Yes I did....around 30 years ago !!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done! Thats some achievement!

I've watched one of my friends get her gold award recently and I know how much work she had to put into it!

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144222 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27636 Solutions
Thanks - It was a lot of work but very enjoyable slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7