cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News; BlackBerry Classic and BlackBerry Passport phones being released soon!

Anonymous
Not applicable

During todays BlackBerry Q1 Earnings Call, the Blackberry CEO, John Chen, announced that the long awaitied BlackBerry "Windermere" is to be released in September sporting BBOS10.3.1 and with a new name: BlackBerry Passport.

Looking at the device it is a very wide phone and to be honest looks a tad "different". However with the rumoured spec of the device and the addition of the features in BBOS10.3.1  it should be a success. It will also be able to have 8 Active Frames open and placed in the style of Windows Phone 8.

* Big 4.5" 1440x1440 display

* 13MP rear camera

* 2MP front camera

* 3450mAH non-removable battery

* 3Gb RAM

* Quad-core Snapdragon MSM8974 processor

First_Look.jpg

In addition to this, it was confirmed that the BlackBerry Classic is still on track for a November release date. This takes the classic "Bold" form-factor with physical keyboard and trackpad and adds BBOS10.3.1 to what is the replacement for the Q10. No word on actual specs yet though.

Source: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-windermere-be-called-blackberry-passport 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I saw that on Crackberry and thought the passport looks a bit cumbersome Astounded

@AnonymousDo you thing you'd get one?

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 2 of 22

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Its, lets shall we say "different". Looking at it head on its bizarre but seeing the pictures in peoples hands then it changes context and seems to be quite a functional device. Its a bit of a retro look if you remember the old Palm Pilots. In certain mareket areas, those were very popular. Medicine for instance which BB now have a focus on  but definitely not one for the masses. 

As for the Classic, thats the phone they should have launched with for BB10!

Message 3 of 22

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

As for the Classic, thats the phone they should have launched with for BB10!

I think you're right there, they could have brought more 9900 users over with that phone, though I do still like my Z10 Smiley Very Happy

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just took the time to check out the pics in this article on a BlackBerry Passport that has been spotted "in the wild"...and I still really don't know if I like it! It just looks...strange!

I guess I'll need to see what its like once I've got it in my hand. ("thats what she said")

Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I like how those photos have been taken with a potato camera!

Some far better (and clearer) pictures of the Classic along with some more information about it can be found here:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-classic-caught-posing-camera

Message 7 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like there will also be a Porsche Design/BlackBerry P9983 launch event held in London next week in Harrods

http://crackberry.com/porsche-design-blackberry-p9983-london-event 

So if anyone has a few thousand pounds spare and want a butt ugly phone, you know where to head next week! tongue

Message 8 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I do like the "Classic" look, I must admit.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 22

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
The Z3 is lovely. The Passport is smaller than I thought too (which I prefer).
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 22