cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : B.T - BT warns it will increase phone bills by 6.5%

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline :BT warns it will increase phone bills by 6.5%

"BT has warned millions of customers it is increasing its prices by up to 6.5% from December this year. It will increase the line rental for direct debit customers by 6.25% to £16.99, and the rate for calling UK landlines by 6.44%. The set-up fee for landline calls, residential calls, to the speaking clock and call return charges will also increase for some or all customers. But BT said it had added "extra money-saving options" for poorer customers."

My thoughts :

Thought I'd give a heads up on this news. I still find B.T competitive for my isp needs.

Basic Packages remain untouched. 

Source : BBC NEWS.

Read more here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28902300

_72644130_bt.jpg

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
As I have no friends anywhere, it's not an issue for me lol

Rich, you're a riot, haha teeheehee slight_smile

Message 41 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it's all about speeds they say you can get, with unlimited downloads vs cost.
Message 42 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
It shouldn't really make any difference with virgin
Message 43 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it also depends on what the user users broadband for.

For the heavy users then yes ultra fast fibre whether from BT Infinity or Virgin is the answer.

For moderate users then 40gb infinity or similar is ideal.

For most though the average 10 - 15 mb copper broadband is likely to be more than sufficient.

I think it really depends on how much streaming / gaming or downloading of films and tv etc you do.

It also depends on how many users are online at any given time. A family of 5 say would be better off with a fibre offer whereas a person living on their own only using it for day to day Internet and email then copper should be fine (and much cheaper)
Message 44 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think that was very well put and explains a lot @Anonymous slight_smile
Message 45 of 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still wouldn't swap my virgin for a lesser service but well explained wink
Message 47 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

And I wouldn't swap BT Infinity to go back to Virgin (as I said earlier)..

As a  family who have 3 computers and a 2 Xboxes.. Virgin didn't meet our needs in our area..

I wanted something that would allow us to use all our devices without any lagging or slowing down. Virgin didn't cut it...(for us)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
What speed were you on with virgin @Cleoriff
Message 49 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I think it also depends on what the user users broadband for.

For the heavy users then yes ultra fast fibre whether from BT Infinity or Virgin is the answer.

For moderate users then 40gb infinity or similar is ideal.

For most though the average 10 - 15 mb copper broadband is likely to be more than sufficient.

I think it really depends on how much streaming / gaming or downloading of films and tv etc you do.

It also depends on how many users are online at any given time. A family of 5 say would be better off with a fibre offer whereas a person living on their own only using it for day to day Internet and email then copper should be fine (and much cheaper)

well put @Anonymous ..... = ..... in a way even I can understand ..... I would give you a kudos for that if there was that facility on an off-topic thread ..... btw is there a way I can 'keep' this post to refer back to in future (I did bookmark stuff sometime ago, but when I went to 'retrieve' something nothing was there ..... = ..... what was I not doing right ..... or ..... I could do it long-hand by handwriting it down on lined paper, which is a tiresome rigmarole way of going about 21st century IT stuff ..... apologies to the 'powers that be' for going off subject, but it is info on topic I wish to keep a hard copy of say ..... Help

Message 50 of 53