cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : B.T - BT warns it will increase phone bills by 6.5%

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline :BT warns it will increase phone bills by 6.5%

"BT has warned millions of customers it is increasing its prices by up to 6.5% from December this year. It will increase the line rental for direct debit customers by 6.25% to £16.99, and the rate for calling UK landlines by 6.44%. The set-up fee for landline calls, residential calls, to the speaking clock and call return charges will also increase for some or all customers. But BT said it had added "extra money-saving options" for poorer customers."

My thoughts :

Thought I'd give a heads up on this news. I still find B.T competitive for my isp needs.

Basic Packages remain untouched. 

Source : BBC NEWS.

Read more here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28902300

_72644130_bt.jpg

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not in contract with BT and the last time I talked about moving they gave some discount to stay.

Like others I'll be watching for more info.
Message 21 of 53

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Seriously considering the same as jonsie. Virgin fibre and separate phone line so no requirement to have it at all...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well.... as our two neighbours have Virgin and it has gone down...for the past 4 days...I will stick to BT Infinity..

Same neighbours popping round ...asking if they could log into our WiFi...Smiley Indifferent

Virgin absolutely shocking for Xbox gamers (in our area)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 53

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't have much choice as theirs no cable in my street.

Sky's speeds are dire.

As long as my quarterly bill hits around £120 still I'll be ok with that.
Message 25 of 53

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Have you got fibre up your way Den?
Mines pretty reliable tbh - a solid 50mbps......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nothing wrong with my virgin either generally get the 120mb I'm paying for did have a super hub go down the other day they sent me out a new one next day delivery
Message 27 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
Virgin struggling may also be the result of backhaul issues which i think in many areas is a bigger problem than signal.

Fibre is good. I live just 50 yards from the street cabinet and less than a mile from the exchange so i get a very good 75mbs service although for what i use next time i might drop to the 40mbs service.
Message 28 of 53

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Have you got fibre up your way Den?
Mines pretty reliable tbh - a solid 50mbps......

Rich,....we had Virgin for 8 years...and had it taken out to go back to BT. They had a terrible reputation for adding extras to our bill without notice. Also if we had all the computers on and the Xbox... the speeds dropped rapidly. The Xbox could only be used if all other devices were off.

This was 4 years ago. If you google Virgin and Xbox there are so many reports of problems, with lagging etc etc.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 53

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I've considered BT but the forced phone line and additional cost over Virgin isn't attractive to me.....

Currently using:
Message 30 of 53