cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : B.T - BT warns it will increase phone bills by 6.5%

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline :BT warns it will increase phone bills by 6.5%

"BT has warned millions of customers it is increasing its prices by up to 6.5% from December this year. It will increase the line rental for direct debit customers by 6.25% to £16.99, and the rate for calling UK landlines by 6.44%. The set-up fee for landline calls, residential calls, to the speaking clock and call return charges will also increase for some or all customers. But BT said it had added "extra money-saving options" for poorer customers."

My thoughts :

Thought I'd give a heads up on this news. I still find B.T competitive for my isp needs.

Basic Packages remain untouched. 

Source : BBC NEWS.

Read more here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28902300

_72644130_bt.jpg

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never a good thing thanks for the heads up @Anonymous
Message 2 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought Ofcom had ruled that for those entering into a contract post 23td Jan 14 these price rises "for those IN CONTRACT" were banned unless it was clearly advised in advance.

I successfully argued the last increase out and i will do it again.
Message 3 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not sure @Anonymous

Do you have a link to that Ofcom Info ?
Message 4 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
It was all over here BoB when the furore existed about o2 increasing prices and the rpi thing.
Message 5 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleoriff
  • 122808 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

If you read the link provided by BoB it says at the bottom... Sky will be increasing some of its tariffs from September this year...so BT aren't alone...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If it wasn't for the 'must have line' for a good broadband deal most people can happily get away without the need of a phone line. My line is redundant to be honest. Never use it for outgoing calls and only for the odd incoming spam call. It's time we had the option whether to 'voluntarily' have a landline.

Message 8 of 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm the same jonsie

I used to make a couple of calls so I wasn't charged a fee for not using it enough ! Around £8 but not they've stopped that.

I pay around £120 a quarter.
Message 9 of 53

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I paid Virgin £128 up front annual payment but as I say I have only used it from the pub to ring 0800 numbers via the app. as they're free.

Message 10 of 53