cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : Apple's iOS 8 update incoming 17 September.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline : Apple's iOS 8 update incoming 17 September.

Excerpt from the ~ Link "Apple revealed its fabled smartwatch and a slew of brand new iPhones last night – the iPhone 6 and the gargantuan iPhone 6 Plus – and while you won’t be able to get your hands on one until 19 September, you’ll be able to enjoy the latest and greatest iOS update two days before then. That’s right, iOS 8 will be hitting your current Apple gizmos two days before the latest phones launch on 17 September, and even your ageing iPhone 4s will be getting an upgrade too"

My Thoughts :

Heads up. slight_smile

Source : The Gadget Show.
Read more here :
http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/apples-ios-8-update-incoming-17-september
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MichaelL
  • 2233 Posts
  • -13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've removed some of the off topic replies from this thread. Please keep it on topic guys, if you have an issue with thread placement abuse report it but keep it out of the topic itself.

As it happens, I don't see an issue with having a separate topic for iOS-related chat so I'm going to leave this topic here rather than merging it.

Cheers all.
Message 2 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pahaha my colleagues are going to love me! I was on annual leave when iOS7 was released and I'll be off again on the 17th for iOS8!

I just hope it doesn't cause any problems on the iPhones and iPads we have issued where people don't listen to our warning not to upgrade until we have tested it thoroughly!

Message 4 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did ios7 clash with some if your businesses software ?
Message 5 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

As it transpired, no...but we just didn't want people taking the risk until we knew what were dealing with. We can't support them with any problems they have during and after the upgrade until we know the new OS ourselves.

I expect there will be a few corporate apps that will need to be updated prior to the upgrade, ie Airwatch and Good, to ensure they still work on iOS8. 

Message 6 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Makes sense.

I don't upgrade until I'm happy that many Of the bugs have been ironed out.
Message 7 of 36

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't upgrade until I'm happy that many Of the bugs have been ironed out.

You did last year bob?

iOS7 launched on 17th Sept and on the 20th you posted this saying you had been using it for a few days....?

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/My-Thoughts-after-using-iOS7/m-p/530752/highlight/true#M110904

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi MI5

Yes I did because id been watching the developers talking on MacRumors all way through from beta 1 to the last beta version and reports were good and the bugs were negligible.
Message 9 of 36

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
That's good then, but still risky as no guarantee that it will be the final release to the public I guess......
I've not heard anything about iOS8 so prob best to wait a few weeks for the feedback to come in.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 36