cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News:Apple introduces 14-day return policy in some EU countries for iTunes and App Store purchases

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : Apple introduces 14-day return policy in some EU countries for iTunes and App Store purchase.

Excerpt from the Link "Before the change that Apple has recently implemented, the company’s terms and conditions said that a user had the right to withdraw from a transaction “without charge and without giving any reason until delivery of the product has started.” That essentially locked a user into an app, or other digital good, effective immediately once the purchase was made. That includes Germany, Italy, France, the United Kingdom and many others. "

"Now, though, with the changes, there is a 14-day window for any purchases made through iBooks, iTunes and the App Store. This new deal excludes gift cards, though"

My thoughts : A good positive move by Apple.

Source : iPhonehacks

Link : Apple introduces 14-day return policy in some EU countries for iTunes and App Store purchase

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

About time too!  I know you can get a refund on Android so I've often wondered why Apple don't do the same.  I've also returned books on Kindle if I've either ordered by mistake or don't like the book.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally agree @Anonymous 😄

Maybe some may try to take advantage with this. 😳

I feel that their should be a trial version of the App , even though their are some 'lite' free versions of the App with typically less features. 

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
A further update.

Source : iphonehacks
Read more here : http://www.iphonehacks.com/2015/01/apple-takes-steps-prevent-users-from-abusing-eu-14-day-refund-pol...

Headline : Apple takes steps to prevent users from abusing the EU 14-day refund policy

Excerpt from the link " Now, it looks like Apple is solving this issue by effectively taking away the right to refund apps from customers with a track record of abusing the feature.

As indicated in the screenshot above, Apple will automatically pop-up an alert when a user — who has refunded a lot of apps and other digital content on the iTunes Store — tries to purchase a new app from the App Store asking them to give up their right on being able to refund this app later on."
Message 4 of 5

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

That's a great idea!

I'm glad that Apple are finally moving with the times and being more customer-friendly. slight_smile

Message 5 of 5