cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News; Apple Store logos revamped with green leaves for Earth Day.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Apple has apparently begun revamping some of its Apple Store logos with green leaves tonight, in honor of Earth Day. The annual event, which falls on April 22nd, is used to promote environmental protection and the overall improvement of the health of the environment, via demonstrations, organized events, and more."

Anything done to protect the environment can only be a good thing. slight_smile

Source ; idownloadblog

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/04/21/apple-retail-stores-revamped/

A connected story http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/04/21/apple-free-recycling/
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't conserving energy and not actually illuminating their logos make more of an impact and raise awareness towards Earth day?

If I was walking past an Apple store and saw a green leaf I'd just assume they had changed their logo unless there was a huge flashing neon sign pointing to the leaf to explain why its been changed to green for the day!

Or they could give up some of their unimaginable wealth to buy huge swathes of rainforest that that are due for destruction and protect them instead? I know they might already do this and not publicise it, but just an idea! wink

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree.

But unfortunately consumers want shops with illuminated logos and businesses want them to attract customers eyes.

Im sure their powered by energy bulbs. wink

Apple stores have always leant towards being simplistic and made of clear glass walls to invite passer by's to stop and enter (IMO)

I'm not fully up on what Apple do regarding this but I have seen other past media reports saying they do other projects etc.

I think the particular day talked about in the story is more recognised in the States where people will be aware of the logo change.
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never heard of earth day
Message 4 of 4