cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : Android Lollipop update causes problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline : Android Lollipop update causes problems

Except from the link "Early adopters of Google's latest Android operating system are warning others of problems with the software.
Issues include the update causing Nexus 7 tablets to run slowly and repeatedly crash, with several users complaining they had become "unusable"."

My thoughts :

Not good news and I'm sure patches will be forthcoming !

Source : BBC News.
Read more here : http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30116319
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems some affected with Wifi issues too.

http://www.businessinsider.com/android-lollipop-update-text-message-issue-2014-11

Source : Business Insider.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe they borrowed some of the staff Apple used on iOS 8... Shocked

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe they borrowed some of the staff Apple used on iOS 8... Shocked

I understand you recently had this update @Anonymous ? Have you experienced any problems?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not so far!

I'm quite impressed at the mo, still finding my way around the lesser used functions etc, but I think it's a very good os, and I love the look of it. It seems smoother in it's repsonses and 'flows' better.

Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Good to hear Phill.
A new OS may show up hardware faults that had not been apparent previously and may explain why some people are seeing issues.
Of course the "lag" could be due to users not doing a factory reset of maybe their devices are chocked full of apps etc.....?
Either way, you are another that has had no problems at all with the update which is good to hear slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Possibly so @Anonymous

Rofl.

😛
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I cant believe Google and Apple, both major and international multimillion Pounds, Dollars and and other currency dealt in can not employ a bunch of people to ensure when these updates are lunched with the minimum amount of bugs.

We could do a better job on here. I do belive they do it on purpose for more free publisitiy so they can say "look we have fixed it"

Message 8 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
There are certainly no excuses for it.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9