Did you mean: 

National Geographic Photographer of the Year contest 2016

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

The National Geographic Photographer of the Year contest is always a great way to see some of the most wonderful photographs taken of the world. Animals, Culture , Landscapes and much more are celebrated in stunning visual representation. This year has been no different, so I wanted to share some here. To check out the rest, head to the Metro's article on it.

Which is your favourite? Do you like to go out and take snaps like these?

natgeo1.jpg

‘This is taken from the 12th floor of a hostel. Me and my friends were amazed how beautiful is the night view, let alone the vibrant side of Ho Chi Minh City in the morning.’

natgeo 2.jpg

‘Elephants hold onto each others tails as they walk the fields of The Crags Elephant Sanctuary, Plettenberg Bay.’
netgeo3.jpg

‘People enjoying their time in the legendary Blue Lagoon outside of Reykjavik in Iceland.’

Find the full article here: http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/24/15-wanderlust-inspiring-photos-you-need-to-see-from-the-2016-national-...

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35906 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1585 Solutions

Some great photos this year too, the UK NatGeo Traveller competition:

photocomp_web_header-1.jpg

http://www.natgeotraveller.co.uk/photo-competition-2019/

Message 2 of 5

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Looks fantastic @pgn , thanks for sharing. The Grand Prize winner is mesmerizing.heart_eyes

I completely missed this one, I'd have started a new topic on it otherwise - we love those gorgeous photography contests nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 5

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25142 Posts
  • 810 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @pgn . Like @EmilieT , I too love seeing beautiful pictures and am envious when I see the pix in the your pictures thread (no camera, and couldn`t take a decent snap if I had one slight_frown ).

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Just loved the mountain gorilla. The way he seems to be staring right into the lens...Wow

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5