cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto 360 update

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've put this in off topic but if should be somewhere else please let me know and if I need to pm someone to get it moved.
I've got the Moto 360 after putting my foot down and refusing to pay £300 for an apple watch. I'm using an s5 with it for now in the hopes of an apple app as there was lots of chatter about that but not only is there no word on the but the wifi update hasn't appeared and my s5 is still on android 5 as well with nothing showing even on kies to update. The s5 was a voda Christmas special offer that I unlocked so I am presuming in still stuck on waiting for the android update due to them. However anyone know more about the moto360 update I did see it's coming and it's delayed due to a Google issue but there's not a lot in it and nothing at all on the possibility that android wear will run on iPhones.
Any links and further info would be great even whispers of what's happening
Thanks
Pink
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
My SW2 and Galaxy Gear last a good week - The Moto 360 sounds rubbish to me !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 44

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
My SW2 and Galaxy Gear last a good week - The Moto 360 sounds rubbish to me !

I didn't like to say. .

Message 32 of 44

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Needed to be done wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 33 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
I probably use mine a lot more though I was tempted by the Sony 3 ( i think ) but went for the moto 360 which I have been pretty pleased with and am quite happy to charge each night as it rests on its stand and acts as a night clock for me. however 13 hrs charge is a bit of a joke I agree. My mail i had on 15 min sync so I've reduced that to hourly, i have wifi and wrist gestures on for now but I guess i could live without them. Maps I don't use I prefer apple maps anyway. brightness is always down but i do have a lot of apps in use
Message 34 of 44

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
I have everything on - I don't believe in restricting services for the sake of battery, but as long as you can get a day out of it it's no different to older android phones.

Currently using:
Message 35 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah the email sync must have been an issue with the update as changing that has increased life it's now saying 1 day 3 hrs when it said 16 hrs ( already better than earlier ) before. I can live with less email syncs
Message 36 of 44

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Ah the email sync must have been an issue with the update as changing that has increased life it's now saying 1 day 3 hrs when it said 16 hrs ( already better than earlier ) before. I can live with less email syncs

Well spotted, as you say it's not needed that often. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 37 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I've put everything back on except the mail so frequently and I've got 50% left I just asked where am I and it said London !!! Hmmm something amiss there 😐
Message 38 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
it all seems to have settled down all i need now is for android wear to get into the app store ( not with that name i realise ) and then I can link my iPhone ....bliss
Message 39 of 44

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Persistence pays, well done. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 40 of 44