cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meanings of Usernames

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you ever wondered what some of the usernames in this Community mean?   Some are simple - for example Gerry, diminutive of Geriatric (which is how I feel most mornings until I get my nightcap!)

One that intrigues me is @anticpated  -  is it perhaps a concatenation of antic (old), pa (father) and Ted.  Is anticpated a retired priest - Old Father Ted?   

Have you any theories as to origins of particular usernames?

Gerry

Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:
No, I just changed my name legally wink

@Anonymous, I can change names as a coordinator, but I only do this when security and safety are at risk for anyone.

Thanks  @Toby    - I understand.

Gerry

Message 31 of 69

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
@Anonymous, I can change names as a coordinator, but I only do this when security and safety are at risk for anyone.

How about matters of National Security Shocked

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 69

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Mine is simply how I'm known to most people....

Are you Welsh - jones the mobile? or jones the IT Man?  And do the people next door strive to keep up with you?

Gerry 

If nationality is measured in parentage I suppose I'm half Welsh but class myself on the success of the national teams in various sports at various times. Sometimes it's good to be English and at other times not that good...at those times I'm Welsh! Fickle....definitely!LOL

The neighbours love me as they definitely need no aspirations in living up to me wink

Message 33 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Mine is simply how I'm known to most people....

Are you Welsh - jones the mobile? or jones the IT Man?  And do the people next door strive to keep up with you?

Gerry 

If nationality is measured in parentage I suppose I'm half Welsh but class myself on the success of the national teams in various sports at various times. Sometimes it's good to be English and at other times not that good...at those times I'm Welsh! Fickle....definitely!LOL

The neighbours love me as they definitely need no aspirations in living up to me wink

A split personality then  so we'll settle for Wenglesh!   Llongyfarchiadau

I bet the neighbours would love to be heading to Thailand soon!!

Gerry

Message 34 of 69

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

mine was because i was simply playing call of duty 4 the day i signed up

Message 35 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

@captainprice wrote:

mine was because i was simply playing call of duty 4 the day i signed up

Is that a "game" as such - does it have an end, or does it just keep developing?

From Wikipedia:-  Call of Duty 4 - "The story takes place in the year 2011, where a radical leader has executed the president of an unnamed country in the Middle East, and an ultranationalist movement starts a civil war in Russia. "     We are hearing stuff like that on News at Ten every night now. 

Gerry

Message 36 of 69

captainprice
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

its only a game as far as im concerned, mind you some of the headlines in the news do mirror some aspects of the game 

Message 37 of 69

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@captainprice wrote:

its only a game as far as im concerned, mind you some of the headlines in the news do mirror some aspects of the game 

Or is it that some of the aspects of the game mirror some of the headlines in the news ?

Can you picture Obama sat at his White House desk playing Call of Duty 4 and the red telephone rings Astounded 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 38 of 69

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Can you picture Obama sat at his White House desk playing Call of Duty 4 and the red telephone rings Astounded 

I would have been worried if it was still George W Angel

Message 39 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah it would probably be O2 Customer Support to offer him a goodwill payment not to cancel his pay monthly iPhone contract.
Message 40 of 69