cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meanings of Usernames

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you ever wondered what some of the usernames in this Community mean?   Some are simple - for example Gerry, diminutive of Geriatric (which is how I feel most mornings until I get my nightcap!)

One that intrigues me is @anticpated  -  is it perhaps a concatenation of antic (old), pa (father) and Ted.  Is anticpated a retired priest - Old Father Ted?   

Have you any theories as to origins of particular usernames?

Gerry

Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope I'm not officer material.

I'm a grunt. slight_smile
Message 11 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Nope I'm not officer material.

I'm a grunt. slight_smile

I had to look up Wikipedia  - and you are definitely not (a) a short snoring sound; neither are you (b) the cry of a pig, nor even  (c) a fish of the perciform family, so you must mean you are (d) an American Infantry Soldier.  But Wikipedia is WRONG - you definitely are Officer Material, First Class, Major, Sir!  (and modest with it!)

Gerry 

Message 12 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 122380 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Mine is a mixture of two of my cats names. Cleo and Riffraff...both long gone now slight_frown

Riffraff of course, comes from the Rocky Horror Show...a particular favourite of mine...(What a surprise NOT) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Mine is a mixture of two of my cats names. Cleo and Riffraff...both long gone now slight_frown

Riffraff of course, comes from the Rocky Horror Show...a particular favourite of mine...(What a surprise NOT) LOL

With LEO included cats were certain to feature somehow in the explanation.  As regards the RHS - I know you will find this difficult, nay impossible, to believe -  but I am probably the only living soul in the UK who has never ever seen a single edition of that show - by choice rather than any other reason. 

Gerry

Message 14 of 69

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

but I am probably the only living soul in the UK who has never ever seen a single edition of that show - by choice rather than any other reason. 

Gerry

You are not alone I'm afraid...:smileywink:

Message 16 of 69

Cleoriff
  • 122380 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

With LEO included cats were certain to feature somehow in the explanation.  As regards the RHS - I know you will find this difficult, nay impossible, to believe -  but I am probably the only living soul in the UK who has never ever seen a single edition of that show - by choice rather than any other reason. 

Gerry

So...you don't do dress up then @Anonymous  ?....(if you have never seen, or participated in the Rocky Horror Show?)... wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

So...you don't do dress up then @Anonymous  ?....(if you have never seen, or participated in the Rocky Horror Show?)... wink

No @Cleoriff   my experiences are more in the realms of dressings down!  

Gerry

Message 18 of 69

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Mines just a concatenation of parts of my names and I've been using it going back to Compuserve days.

On RHS my OH used to try and get me to a show but I don't have the build for Frankenfurter or Rocky so would probably had to go as the Professor Smiley Embarassed

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 19 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Showing my ignorance yet again  -  for some reason I thought it was a TV show.  Must be mixing it up with something else,  but whatever still have not seen it and know nothing about it.  Smiley Embarassed

Gerry

Message 20 of 69