cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May day/Worker's day: What's your best and worst job ever?

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As its International Worker's day/ Labour day/ May day, we thought we'd ask everyone about their heavenly or hellish jobs slight_smile

My best job is of course this one ;), but my worst was cleaning football viewing stands. Very boring!

How about you all? What are the best and worst jobs you've ever had?

quick-fix-movie-to-watch-office-space-image.jpg

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@perksie wrote:
@jonsie wrote:

My son has quite a bit of experience treatment-wise and has had no problems at all over the years. Same here in Thailand, ok no NHS but cleanliness and care are first class

Last time I went to an NHS hospital I met a nurse from the Phillipines and she was not too impressed with our basic hygiene standards, like surgery being performed while wearing outdoor clothes.

Outdoor clothes? wtf 😮

We all have to change every single thing except our underwear and socks.

But tbh, the netherlands are the best developed atm. For example: Everyone who get's into hospital gets screened for MRSA and into isolation - as long as the result is positive. If it's negative the person gets on a normal room. If I get sick, I want to be brought to a dutch hospital ^^

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 21 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Ahhh now @ComaChameleon....you and I could have a long long debate about MRSA...and the screening process.  All I will say is...1986...been there, done that, and got the MRSA tee shirt. We wasted so much money at our hospital with the screening process for this. (Only to discover 75% of people carry MRSA around quite happily with no ill effects whatsoever) Anyway we managed to eradicate it totally. (something that St.Thomas Hospital in London took years to achieve) Though, as we all know MRSA has been replaced with other 'superbugs' that are proving a lot more difficult to control........Phew...lecture over.... LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 30

ComaChameleon
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

That's right @Cleoriff - most people don't have an effect. On the other hand is that a big problem. Because they spread it to all others they're in contact with, even the not that healthy people who get the illness symptoms.

I told my grandparents to use the disinfectant dispensers provided in hospitals and retirement homes if they visit friends there. If everybody would do such basic protection procedures, all that stuff could get much more limited. 😞

Like 4-MRGN, yes. It's fighting against windmills -.-

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 23 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

True. We found ours spread by healthy visitors to the hospital who passed it on to patients whose immunity was compromised. As you say much of it is so easily controlled by simple handwashing procedures. slight_smile I still shudder at the money we wasted trying to get rid of it...... We went for 3 weeks insisting all visitors donned gowns and masks.... Still in 1986 it was virtually unheard of.... so we did what we had to at the time wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Most hospitals have eradicated MRSA now by providing sterile hand wash but the problem is that it is optional not mandatory. This facility should be overseen by the nurses station before you are allowed into visiting. I've seen many people simply ignore the sanitization thinking it doesn't apply to them. 

Whilst I'm on my soapbox,  tell me the logic behind this.....when I go frequently to the doctors,  you have to check in using the keypad provided. However it tells you to use the sanitiser after checking in.....before surely??

Message 25 of 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Whilst I'm on my soapbox,  tell me the logic behind this.....when I go frequently to the doctors,  you have to check in using the keypad provided. However it tells you to use the sanitiser after checking in.....before surely??

I have often wondered how clean those keypads are. All manner of bugs lurking  over the screen. Still that's progress for you (do away with using the receptionist for that meet and greet facility)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 30

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I have often wondered how clean those keypads are. All manner of bugs lurking  over the screen. Still that's progress for you (do away with using the receptionist for that meet and greet facility)

Poke it with your car key! Smiley Very Happy

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 27 of 30

ComaChameleon
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

"checking in"?? Do you have to sit down and put your details in a computer??

Today our hospital had such banners "Keine Keime" (no germs), telling the people/visitors to use the dispensers, that it's for free and smile instead of shacking hands.

Aswell as banners on the floor everywhere where a dispenser is on the wall (like the busker spots in the underground, just a bit smaller)... Bright, neon colours... I would be interested if that kind of "marketing" works well and reaches the people adressed.

My grandma thought the dispensers are only for the workers, she wasn't aware it's for everyone and free...

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 28 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

The self check in system at the doctors is something like this @ComaChameleon You key in date of birth. male or female and it registers that you have attended for your appointment

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 30

ComaChameleon
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

😮

Here you give your insurance-check-card to the deskworker and she get's your informations from that. After she puts your folder (with all the blood tests and stuff) on the desk and the doctor takes always the upper one grin

Never heard of such machines - but it sounds a bit cool...

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 30 of 30