Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M9S Android TV Box

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Arrived today.....it wasn't expected until earliest Tuesday on free delivery so well done Amazon !!

I'm guessing Mobdro, although showing in the apps, needs to be updated as it won't load any channels.

What's the best/correct way...D/L to memory stick on computer then upload to M9S or is there a way of D/L direct to M9S ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
The ones I am looking at are around the 50-60 mark (not sure if that qualifies as expensive...) and have 2Gb and 16Gb of memory to speed them up.
As said I think it will be a case of getting one to try.
At worst it will take some of the monthly cost off the Virgin bill as we have a 2nd box upstairs. At best we might be able to get shot of both...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 81 of 91

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Don't be misled into thinking it will give you anywhere near the quality and performance of a TiVo or Sky box, it won't.
It's ideal usage is for an occasional use TV such as a bedroom or for the likes of Cleoriff and myself at our holiday homes when watching TV isn't a main priority.

This is true. We have 3 wifi boxes in our family. My youngest lad has a 42 inch TV in his bedroom and most channels are fine via Mobdro though he rarely watches films. In Spain I have another box installed...I have no interest in films.... but the sports channel streams are excellent. Sky, BT, etc etc   Having said all that...my eldest lad has a 40inch TV in his house ...he doesn't have Sky at all and he has no complaints with his box or Mobdro........All down to expectations I think

NB the one in Spain cost £35. The two in the UK cost £45 and £50....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 82 of 91

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
My kids have them in their rooms too and it's better than no TV wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 83 of 91

gmarkj
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions

Think I'd better order one of these boxes quick sharp if I want one..

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-37474595

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 84 of 91

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Inevitable...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 85 of 91

gmarkj
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Yep.
What will probably happen is that the boxes will be sold as a "clean slate", ie have Kodi on but nothing else.
It will then be down to the individual to install the add on files...

Message 86 of 91

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Yep.
What will probably happen is that the boxes will be sold as a "clean slate", ie have Kodi on but nothing else.
It will then be down to the individual to install the add on files........which will no doubt be readily available!

Message 87 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I knew it would only be a matter of time. However, mine are used mainly with apps I have added. Mobdro and Film on....My main concern was more to do with my access to all the Sky Channels for free (via Mobdro) particularly whilst in Spain. I am waiting for Sky to close this loophole!!  They did it before when they realised certain areas of Spain could view their channels by using their Sky card from the UK. Then we could get it via satellite installed by 'registered' Sky Installers. That was stopped when they changed the satellite signal.....Then along came these little WiFi boxes. We didn't need a big dish on our balcony. They were obsolete......so for me, it's all a question of tick tock...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 88 of 91

gmarkj
  • 12045 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
It's the norm to be honest.
Person finds way round system.
System updates to negate loophole.
Person finds new way round system.
Etc...

Message 89 of 91

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Incidentally Mobdro just updated to 2.0.19....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 90 of 91