Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Virtual Lounge

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, fluffy onesie on + donkey brown boottee-tyle slippers

cuppa Twinnings tea = everyday variety, decaff + s/sk milk = no sugar +

Blue Ribband original choccy bic to hand

checking on my cat Marvellous Marty the Magnificent = beside me in his pet-bed under the wooden desk Cat

on which new basic desktop printer will be put = on or around next payday ..... I mean upon the wooden desk not upon the cat Smiley LOL 

kicked my old basic Epson printer in frustration many many months ago Destroy

therapeutic for me for about 3 nano-seconds but really, really bad for the printer Destroy

well, let's see if there are many takers for my initial entry into the off-top unofficial world of 'the lounge area'

WispaRed7 slight_smile

Message 1 of 7,616
7,615 REPLIES 7,615

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Thai people can't pronounce 's' so definitely on a loser there....

So constipation is endemic is Thailand ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 1231 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Thai people can't pronounce 's' so definitely on a loser there....

Just for my further education @jonsie - how do they deal with that problem?  Do they just ignore the  s  sound, or substitute a different sound? 

Gerry

Message 1233 of 7,616

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There is no 's' sound in their language and when using English words they just ignore it. I am known over there as Teve by some of the locals or สตีเฟ่นโจนส์ which I can't remember how to pronounce!

Message 1234 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

or สตีเฟ่นโจนส์ which I can't remember how to pronounce!

Wow - surprised you can remember how to spell it never mind pronounce it @jonsie .  It will be interesting to see how long it will take for the language to adapt to include the s sound - just as English has been almost totally reconstructed to incorporporate all the nonsense sounds of the technological age (I refuse to call them words).

Gerry

Message 1235 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Once English becomes part of their educational curriculum (if ever) then maybe they will adapt. At the moment they have alternate words they substitute just as we use slang, sex being an obvious one.

Message 1236 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good Evening All,

What an eventful few days for me.

Building up for my companies busy sale period where I have to go back to working 44 hours a week for a month.

Won the Irish Lottery which paid for my new phone.

Upgraded my phone and the Try The Tech new Phase is due to start soon.

Forums starting to calm down a little from the frenzy of iphone launch.

My daughter is hopefully past her danger period of pregnancy ,and life has moved on for me 'online'in t'other places.

Happy days. slight_smile

I hope your world is full of health, wealth, happiness and well being.

😄
Message 1237 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh dear...it's Autumn....

As I speak rain is lashing down in my neck of the woods....(pity really as I intended to give the lawn its final cut)

Is it cold enough for the heating to go back on? Nope...I am off to Spain in the middle of this month, so will leave it till I come back...

Anyway I have plenty to do...so will get on and do it....Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1238 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

COld and rain here too. Many of the trees are losing their leaves and blowing all over the place. Yep Autumn with a vengeance but apparently sunshine later today. So do I go with the kids to watch the mighty Blackburn Rovers or save £40 towards the Thailand trip....a couple of hours to decide!

Message 1239 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning @Cleoriff ! Don't go! keep us company! Use a comfy Virtual sofa from our state of the art virtual lounge!Hug

Message 1240 of 7,616