Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Virtual Lounge

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, fluffy onesie on + donkey brown boottee-tyle slippers

cuppa Twinnings tea = everyday variety, decaff + s/sk milk = no sugar +

Blue Ribband original choccy bic to hand

checking on my cat Marvellous Marty the Magnificent = beside me in his pet-bed under the wooden desk Cat

on which new basic desktop printer will be put = on or around next payday ..... I mean upon the wooden desk not upon the cat Smiley LOL 

kicked my old basic Epson printer in frustration many many months ago Destroy

therapeutic for me for about 3 nano-seconds but really, really bad for the printer Destroy

well, let's see if there are many takers for my initial entry into the off-top unofficial world of 'the lounge area'

WispaRed7 slight_smile

Message 1 of 7,616
7,615 REPLIES 7,615

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning All,

A lot cooler today. slight_smile

Typical as I'm not at work !

Trip to my favourite coffee shop this morning followed by whatever I deem fit to fill my day. wink

Hope everyone else's day is as chilled out. slight_smile
Message 491 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Chilled out? Sadly not me today...LOL

I have started the cleaning and packing and washing scenario I go through to get this place immaculate before I leave....

Add to that...all being done in 30c makes sure there is no chilling out for Cleo today...

And home tomorrow...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 492 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable
Being nosy here but what happens while your not there @Cleoriff

Are you in like a complex that has in-house caretakers who keep things secure and clean ,while your not there ?

I can only imagine doing all that in the temperature it's there at the mo. 😞

Cold shower at the ready or just jump in the pool ?

Did the famalam enjoy their time there with you.

Oh and don't forget the passports. wink
Message 493 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It is in a complex BoB. The 'Community' employ their own staff to look after all of the building, grounds and pools. They also provide a 24hr reception

The apartment internal maintenance/renovations and decorating etc etc.... are the sole responsibility of the owner.......unless it is structural (building and plumbing)

I have an English friend who lives in the area and she helps with cleaning and laundry etc. )

Though when I am here... it is obviously cleaned 'within an inch of its life'  LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 494 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like a military level set up.

Colour Sergeant Denise. slight_smile
Message 495 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good Morning all.

Last minute decision to go out somewhere for the day.

So I'm sat in the Train Station awaiting the train to Scarborough.

Bit of sea air and why not. wink
Message 496 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have at last got some sun in my neck of the woods ...not as warm as Spain but better than the rain I returned to....

Unfortunately, I am not enjoying the view of my devastated garden...(some of you will have heard about my husbands exploits with the 'chainsaw' and the sad demise of my 18 year old jasmine nudiflorum)...

I asked him to trim back the overhanging branches. He interpreted that as raze it to the ground Crazy

To add insult to injury, much of it is still all over my lawn as he says 'It wont all go into the green bin'

My reply was unprintable here...

Anyway I cant keep talking about this on every off topic thread... but at least you will know how upset Cleo still is .....Crazy LOL

I may take a trip to the garden centre to see if I can spend loads of HIS money replacing it.:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 497 of 7,616

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Great idea @Cleoriff but you need some mature bushes or rapid growth bushes. Or maybe lash out on a new six foot fence wink

Message 498 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsieYes I know the cost of mature bushes. They can be extremely expensive to purchase and that is my plan. LOL

Not interested in a boring 6 ft fence.  You see, I had a 4 ft fence with 6 ft trellis. The jasmine had intertwined beautifully through said trellis. This however had to be hacked down also, in order to raze the bush to the ground.....Smiley Mad

It seems my interpretation of 'please trim this back whilst I am away' had a completely different meaning to my soon to be ex-husband.....LOLLOL

Ps...as I type this he is still frantically trying to get the remains of his handiwork into the green bin Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 499 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Aw bless...and he thought he was carrying out your simple going away instructions too.Horrified

So, time to hit him in the wallet! With any luck he'll be sending you back to Spain next week as the the cheaper option Good Idea

Message 500 of 7,616