Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knee Defenders?

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Knee Defenders made big news at weekend when a spat between two passengers caused a flight to be diverted.

For those not in the know, these devices are available to purchase to stop the passenger in front of you reclining their seat which does inhibit the use of a laptop and on longer flights interferes with the viewing angle of the inseat entertainment screen.

What do you think? Should someone have the right to stop you reclining your seat? It can be annoying but whilst these devices aren't illegal some airlines do ban their use.

Personally as a frequent long distance traveller, if I pay for a seat that is supposed to recline, then I want the freedom of choice to recline my seat to sleep or for comfort.

It's a serious subject but it did make me chuckle how this was escalated beyond reason.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

You cant please everyone @jonsie  See, like you.... on long haul flights I like the ability to recline..

However at the other end... I hate the fact I have someone in front of me with their head in my vodka when THEY decide to recline LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did see something on this and my initial thought was this was silliness.

But then as I thought more about it if someone wants to recline their seat then they should be able to.

Common sense must surly come into play ? Or handcuffs and being arrested will. 😞
Message 3 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the seats recline then you should be able to recline them end of the only way the airlines will stop it is if they make all seats non reclinable which I don't think they will do and don't see why they should
Message 4 of 28

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

No, the only problem on long haul flight is mealtimes when the person in front is asleep and there is very little room for the meal on the tray, especially if you are tall with long legs.

Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I can see how that would be annoying I'm not a flyer myself but I think it would annoy me
Message 6 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Many a time on a flight to the States.....you get folk who can sleep for the whole 9 hours... and I don't. They are usually the ones in front of me. Trying to eat a meal or put anything on your tray is a nightmare!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 28

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I'm in the non recline camp for all of the reasons stated above and I've also noticed a reduction in movement on some of the newer aircraft these days too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I'm in the non recline camp for all of the reasons stated above and I've also noticed a reduction in movement on some of the newer aircraft these days too.

Yes I can only imagine sitting nehind you...if you decided you were going to sleep for 9 hrs LOL

Fat chance.... I expect you would have flight mode activated and doing all sorts wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 28

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Indeed I would wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 28