cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KKO MOBILE CHARGES ON MY O2 BILL

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had any sucess getting a refund from O2 / KKO Mobile for charges added to their montly bill? Apparantley I have had over £230 charged to my O2 bill since October 2013 and I cannot tell you how FURIOUS I am.

I received a text message from O2 on Wednesday 24th September 2014 which states:

"Hi, you recently bought something from MyDoo International by charging it to your mobile bill. We would like to ask you a few questions about using this service"

I have rung 02 on 3 seperate occassions and all I have been advised so far is to contact KKO Mobile as it is nothing to do with O2.

The only person at O2  who has had to decency to help me is a Live Chat advisor who has 'raised an investigation' for me.

Any information would be useful before I go to the Financial Ombusdman.

Thanks

A FURIOUS O2 CUSTOMER

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

It's possible you have clicked inadvertently on a link? There's some info on this company here, selling games etc.

http://www.mydoo-international.com/en/services.html

Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

you could try phone pay plus. 

http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk

You can also instruct O2 to place a bar on your account stopping the direct to bill - charge to mobile service by ringing them. 

the complaint form if you need it is at the bottom of the forum page. 

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally i would contact KKO and have it out with them as technically it isnt the fault of the network....demand evidence of you signing up to this service and demand a refund.

Dealing with billing queries on a daily basis, i know the networks sometimes add a "goodwill credit" to your account however they expect customers to check their invoices regularly, so dont expect anything over 3 months.

Good luck

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted KKO Mobile who stated "As I did not text STOP to their text messages I am liable for all charges" how can this be allowed? It is illigal to opt anyone into a service for which payment is required, unless the customer specifically requests it or texts YES to opt in.

PS I am 58 years old and DO NOT GAME!!!!!

Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Phonepayplus is the regulator for these services and is your only hope of a full refund http://www.phonepayplus.org.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks MI5 but I tried to lodge a complaint  with them but was unsucessfull - I think it was because I had just received a TEXT msg and the call centre number was not recognised.??

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Keep trying Anne. Write in with all the details if you have to:
PhonepayPlus
Clove Building
4 Maguire Street
London
SE1 2NQ
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't worry MI5 I will and if I don't get any response I'm going to the Financial Ombudsman and also the FCA.

Thanks so much I will write to Phonepayplus

Anne

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
All the best and let us know how it goes....
These companies are the scum of the earth and need much tighter controls around them.......

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15