Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Justice for the 96

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

As this is all over the news I thought I would make mention of it here....After 27 long tormented years, the families of the 96 people who died in the Hillborough disaster now have the justice they deserve.

'They never walked alone'

96.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-36145587

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

People in authority really need to think before opening their mouths....

Sky News: Police Chief Suspended Over Hillsborough
http://news.sky.com/story/1686214/police-chief-suspended-over-hillsborough

True...but suspending him was an easy option. He wasn't in control 27 years ago.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 20

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

No excuse to be honest. Never comment on something when you disagree with actual facts. You leave yourself open to such actions I'm afraid.

Message 12 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

No excuse to be honest. Never comment on something when you disagree with actual facts. You leave yourself open to such actions I'm afraid.

I agree...but I am saying that was an easy option...because 'they' have to be seen to be doing something...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 20

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

'They' need to be prosecuting the people responsible at the time not making gestures to try and be seen to be caring a damn now when they are still trying to justify the actions of politicians and the people who are totally culpable for the decisions they made 27 years ago. 

Message 14 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Liverpool tonight...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-36154021

liverpool vigil.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 20

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
It's my opinion that all the relevant authorities have exacerbated the misery of the families involved by allowing this fiasco to run for 27 years.

You would expect that in the third world such as in an African country but not England.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 16 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
It's my opinion that all the relevant authorities have exacerbated the misery of the families involved by allowing this fiasco to run for 27 years.

You would expect that in the third world such as in an African country but not England.

With cover up after cover up.....Totally corrupt..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 20

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Not to be taking anything away from this but cover ups are far too prevalent even today with the care homes and child abuse. People with something to hide can hide if they have influence and money. What's the latest? Injunctions by a celebrity couple about adultery and threesomes! Everyone knows who they are but they take out injunctions in this country because of their wealth. This country is really the pits.

Message 18 of 20

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

I'm not taking anything away from this awful injustice but please take a moment and a thought for another tragedy that happened in 1985, 11 days from now that had the same effect on wives, children and families whose loved ones went simply to support their local football team on a normal Saturday afternoon with tragic consequences. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/may/11/newsid_2523000/2523561.stm

5826091.jpg

I find it sad that this had the same awful devastating effect on so many people but was over-shadowed  by an event some four years later. It deserves a thread on its own to be honest but God bless those that died on what was a Saturday that was sensationally reported at the time but is now forgotten except for the heartbroken families.

Message 19 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I remember @jonsie ... no need to look it up on the link you posted ... horrific photo ... I remember att a friend of mine was at the match ... & ... the memorial service which was shown on tv ... old wooden stands ... & ... litter underneath ... lives were lost & people's lives affected forever ... new standards for football stadia? or is that only in certain categories of football?

God Bless Them Then & Now slight_frown

Message 20 of 20