Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Justice for the 96

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

As this is all over the news I thought I would make mention of it here....After 27 long tormented years, the families of the 96 people who died in the Hillborough disaster now have the justice they deserve.

'They never walked alone'

96.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-36145587

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
About bloody time too.
Disgusting are the lies they told about those 96 innocent, unlawfully killed victims.
Message 2 of 20

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Even more disgusting that those responsible will never face charges over their actions too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

One of my closest friends is from Liverpool. Her husband and both sons were at that match. They were three of the lucky ones.....

I am not sure those who lost loved ones will ever get full closure on this. 27 years of fighting and only part of this is over. There are others now who should be prosecuted for causing the unlawful deaths...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I thought I saw the chief of South Yorkshire Police (I think) on BBC News yesterday afternoon admitting full responsibility for the mistakes made. There will be massive compensation claims made now, but after all this time it will be cold comfort to those who lost their lives and those families who have suffered through all this for so long.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 20

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

When you look back it was indicative of the times. So many coverups, lies and corrupt police and government officials. Many family members of those unlawfully killed by bungling police, inefficient ambulance services and a stadium not fit for purpose, have since died without ever seeing justice for their loved ones.

Like it has been said, there were two crimes here, the actual deaths and then the massive cover up to protect individuals. To relive now, the interviews and statements on tv and in the papers at the time, is nothing short of outrageous. The families now have a little closure but they need to see those individuals responsible prosecuted.

Message 6 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

They spoke to someone who was there and had made a statement. Years later he had a chance to re-read his statement. It had been altered....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I saw this on the tv news yesterday ... where the families & friends of the 96 were singing the Liverpool FC anthem of You Will Never Walk Alone ... it was very moving

Agree with all that has been posted above  ^  ^  ^  

Message 8 of 20

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Listening to a woman on tv this morning saying she'll never forget begging a policeman to help, and he just stood there with his arms folded.  I know some police did help..but the lies and the uncaring, blame the fans  attitude of those at the top will never be forgotten..or forgiven x

giphy-3
Message 9 of 20

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

People in authority really need to think before opening their mouths....

Sky News: Police Chief Suspended Over Hillsborough
http://news.sky.com/story/1686214/police-chief-suspended-over-hillsborough

Message 10 of 20