Jonsie's Thai Break :)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Tie break... Thai break...you see what I did there? wink

No.... this is a serious subject....Bouncy

Our good friend @jonsie  will be jetting off to Thailand at 4am tomorrow morning. For three whole months

Jealous much?....yep...

I know he will continue to post on here....I also know he will probably have far better things to take up his time...

Anyway...I want to wish him well and say the forum will miss him (even though he is a Relic...)

Have a good time old friend...enjoy yourself and don't do anything I wouldn't....

On second thoughts....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Dubai airport is that big you have to get a train to the other terminal (10mins but a 10 minute walk to get to it) and add on immigration and going through security again, there's just time to grab a coffee and duty free. Exploring isn't an option sadly and you would need a visa to leave the airport anyway.

Message 11 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Chance though to tune up one of your devices and post on here that you are safely in Dubai??:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 75

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Longhaul flights and layovers are always tedious. What keeps you going is what's waiting at the end of the journey. Makes it all worth the while. wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 75

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

Longhaul flights and layovers are always tedious. What keeps you going is what's waiting at the end of the journey. Makes it all worth the while. wink

So true and I've done it so many times now, I'm used to it. I never suffer jet lag or find problems adjusting to the time diffgerence. It will be around 10am when I get to the apartment but it will be just a case of dumping stuff and straight out after a shower and change of clothes. Then i slot into the normal bedtime routine.

Message 14 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

AND completely random here...will you be watching the USA F1??....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 75

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'll have to work out the time difference, probably 12-13 hours ahead but the good thing is that most bars show all sport and it's recycled for a few days. Not the same as watching live though....

Message 16 of 75

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Have fun @jonsie 

#siwy
Message 17 of 75

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi jonsie ..... thinking of you right now & will be tomorrow

when I joined O2 community mid Jan this year, just before my 60th birthday ..... well ..... you were in Thailand then ..... & ..... now it's time for you to jet off again to your friends there & to what you may consider to be your 2nd home ..... great to know you do not suffer jet lag & adjust to time differences easily 

I just know you will thoroughly enjoy yourself for the next 3 months

best regards

WispaRed7 :womanvery-happy: a brother may not be a friend, but a friend will always be a brother (Ben Franklin)

Message 19 of 75

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Safe journey mate wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 75