Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the Spotlight: gindygoo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Friday everyone!

Here we go with our Spotlight Drum

She has been around for a while but slowly has become more and more active, and now she is part of this big family Hug 

We asked her to say a little bit about herself and she has replied to many of your questions so make sure to say hello to @gindygoo

Screenshot at Jul 17 15-16-44.png

What can you contribute to the Community?

I'd hope that I add a small amount of knowledge about O2, and a (mostly) positive voice when ppl are irate and in "phone despair".

Which mobile phone did you first own and why?

It was a motorola flip, and was the first one with coloured illuminating keys (cant remember the model number)

What do you like best about the forum?

I like that there's something for you no matter the mood you're in. Off topic, for lighthearted fun. The help boards, for if you're in that "helpful" type of mood.

What is the network coverage like for you in your home and areas of commute?

Around Brighton, O2's coverage is really good. We've even got 4g on the beach (my front garden). I'm a great believer in belonging to a network that actually works for you. I do keep an EE sim in my back-up phone though, for the rare occasion that I'm in an O2 dead spot.

Where do you see smartphones in 5 years?
Given that 5 years ago we had low res slow bulky devices. 

I'd love to see better wearables. So my hope is that you'll maybe have something like an earring for instance that gives you the full usage (and more) of a phone.

I'm not sure how that'd actually work, mind you.

If you were CEO of O2 for a day what would you change and why ?

I'd release all customers who could prove they don't actually get a signal at the locations they spend most of their time from their contracts. Hah, controversial maybe? But fair imo.

What type of food so u like?

My latest fad is couscous, really spicy couscous.

Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

No, never.!

Should Creme Brûlée be eaten warm or cold and how hard should you need to hit it to crack it?

Oh well, obviously cold. But immediately after blow-torching the sugar on top. And you should have to really whack it to crack it! (And that's actually the law!).

What is your perfect pizza?  

Hmm, none. I'm not a pizza lover!

Below are some of our previous members in the Spotlight. You could be next by getting involved in the community! 

If you would like to suggest someone for the Spotlight feel free to drop us a PM.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's my spotlight for anyone whos interested...

download.jpg

More info

Message 11 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

More info
More info
download.jpg

Nope, not me  tongue

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

More info
More info
download.jpg

Nope, not me  tongue

...and I'm struggling to give a damn LOL

Message 13 of 26

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Awe thanks guys. I've felt welcomed here from my very first post! 

Yes the beach is my front garden, I'm very lucky to live on Brighton seafront, especially when the weather's good Happy Dance mind you, a decent storm is pretty cool too!

Haha, the earring comment... Like I said, no idea how that'd work Crazy

Spicy couscous: I buy Ainsley Harriet dry couscous and add chopped red chilli and load of ground pink and black pepper. Hey presto, really hot couscous! 

Once again, thanks guys,  I really do enjoy this community and I plan on sticking around. 

Thanks! Mexican Wave

Message 14 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
it's @gindygoo time to shine here so the spotlight is on her
Message 15 of 26

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:

Spicy couscous: I buy Ainsley Harriet dry couscous and add chopped red chilli and load of ground pink and black pepper. Hey presto, really hot couscous! 

Mmmm I'm really getting hungry now. Thanks for the info! I'll try make some spicy couscous this weekend! I'll let you know if I managed to do it. slight_smile (I'm pretty rubbish when it comes to cooking, but trying to learn!)

Message 16 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Well done @gindygoo great to see you in the spotlight. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 17 of 26

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Let us all know how your couscous turns out (it's really hard to mess up) you can add all sorts of ingredients! 

If you're a meat eater, pulled ham hock goes really well in there! Or if not, some griddled peppers go lovely! 

Thanks guys, made me feel really welcome 😆

Charlie xx

Message 18 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Enjoyed reading your Spotlight gindygoo

I luv the British seaside very much ..... so the thought of looking out of the front of your home onto beach + sea + sky sounds lovely to me

liked the bit where you say you hope to bring some positiveness to an irate situation, which we all know can happen on the forum slight_smile

Message 19 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really nice spotlight gindygoo! It's good to get to know the real you a bit better!! And I'm absolutely "green" with envy about your garden!!! To wake up every day to that scenery.....

Message 20 of 26