cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBAN

Anonymous
Not applicable

Inernational Banking Account Number

I wish to donate a modest amount to an international prayerful organisation in the Netherlands

it is not considered a church ..... more like an international place of worship to whoever & whatever ..... well that's my take on it ..... got to know about it from a young jazz musician I've found on fb whom I used to see at the jazz festivals & have cought up on fb with = Jonny & the Jazzuits ..... he studied at the renowned Leeds College of Music & now works for a music company in the Netherlands

do I have to go to my bank & get an IBAN

thank you

WispaRed7 xo )

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You may get it online, have you checked out your bank's website?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @perksie 

will do that now

xo Cat

Message 3 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

All you need is to find out the sort code and account number of the organisation's bank account. If you have online banking you can just transfer funds that way. Alternatively, you could just send them a cheque in the mail.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

All you need is to find out the sort code and account number of the organisation's bank account. If you have online banking you can just transfer funds that way. Alternatively, you could just send them a cheque in the mail.

thank you @Bambino 

I don't do internet banking = my choice ..... I do however have telephone banking, now I think of it, I rarely use it, & it'd take some searching through paperwork to find the phone number etc, but I think that'd be worth doing tomorrow, as it's late for the thinking part of my brain ..... I think I'd feel a bit cheeky asking for the organisation's bank details by pm on fb = I dunno (I know if you don't ask you don't get) ..... but didn't know a cheqe would be acceptable, that would suit me ..... I think I will ask the leader of the band, who is a supporter at least, by pm off fb, for an address to where I can send a cheque to

you've come up trumps once again Bambino

thank you & goodnight

WispaRed7 xo tech novice Cat

Message 5 of 11

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Hate to break it to you but you'd be looking at a small fee to send that or they pay the fees on receiving.

Just checked and Santander want a whopping £25 and HSBC ask a mere £4 (subject to what service etc). Though the other end may have charges applied by intermediates because apparently the banking system can't transfer directly to a bank you want and they all want their cut for not even pushing a button....

Don't forget to ask for their BIC &  IBAN number which will contain their sort code and account number as well as the name & address of the account holder (legally required for foreign transfers, in this case, its probably the bank address). Don't bother with a cheque to be honest as it will be converted at a cost and take longer to process. 

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

Hate to break it to you but you'd be looking at a small fee to send that or they pay the fees on receiving.

Just checked and Santander want a whopping £25 and HSBC ask a mere £4 (subject to what service etc). Though the other end may have charges applied by intermediates because apparently the banking system can't transfer directly to a bank you want and they all want their cut for not even pushing a button....

Don't forget to ask for their BIC &  IBAN number which will contain their sort code and account number as well as the name & address of the account holder (legally required for foreign transfers, in this case, its probably the bank address). Don't bother with a cheque to be honest as it will be converted at a cost and take longer to process. 

thank you for the above post @sheepdog 

I'd got their address (in Dutch of course) after looking for info on fb, & had my cheque written

argh ! ..... whilst obviously not divulging my bank on here, well you've given me a lot of information sheepdog, which I will digest tomorrow & maybe go into my bank on Friday, I'm busy on Thursday,

good to see you back & posting sheepdog

WispaRed7 xo tech novice Cat

Message 7 of 11

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey slight_smile

Did you already sent it via cheque?

Once I ordered a magazine in UK and I payed by Paypal, because it had the smallest fees.

Maybe that would be an option too?

Greets slight_smile

P.S. if you need any translation from the dutch stuff, just drop me a pm wink

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello @ComaChameleon

I did manage to find the IBAN very very long reference number for the Crossroads International place of worship, I believe it is in Amsterdam off fb via my fb friend's suggestion, who is an international jazz musician/singer & works for a music company in that city ..... but ..... I'd say he is a very busy man

I have been up to my bank earlier today, but it was closed today being Good Friday & I'd forgotten about that D'oh! despite another branch in a nearby town being open ..... = ..... it could just be my bank shut at say midday Don't know 

I want my donation to be of an amount not known to my fb jazz friend ..... although he has given me his address by pm on fb ..... = ..... to do with a hurdle I overcame with help from @Cleoriff & @jonsie to do with translation of Dutch to English because the PayPal page to use for Jonny & the Jazzuits cd I was after would not go to English

are you with me so far 

I really really don't want the church to pay any charges for my modest donation & neither do I much really

& I understand these charges can vary considerably from bank to bank as per above   ^   ^   ^   post

I suppose I'd be better going into my bank after the Easter Bank Holiday & see what they have to say is the best way

No, I did not send my cheque off ..... = ..... I ripped it up

I do not have nor intend to have a PayPal account as they are not foolproof ..... = ..... a close member of my family has had his account broken into more than once ..... & ..... he is very tech savvy

thank you for your post

I will be in touch asap

have a good Easter

WispaRed7 tech novice Cat trad jazzer slight_smile

Message 9 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

They run trips to Israel, save your money.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 11