cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've done it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got a Galaxy S5 that is! In the end I decided to stick with O2 and upgraded through CPW - I was ignored in the O2 store (hardly any staff) so went to CPW and ended up with a better deal.

One question - they did a SIM swap instore and, while I can use the phone, I haven't got my own phone number. When I checked on My O2 my number is showing so is it likely to sort itself out?

Also, I've noticed my contract renewal date is showing as December 2017 - I presume that's something O2 can sort out?

First impressions of the phone are good, sharp screen and very, very fast processor. I'll update more when I've had a chance to play with it properly.
Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Wanty.  I was dealing with the manager and he said (and their Ts & Cs back him up) that the only way I could change the handset was if it was faulty and then it would have to be an identical handset.  When I pointed out the call quality wasn't as good I was basically told tough, they would only give me another S5 and even then he wanted me to wait. 

I'm regretting this upgrade now...

Message 71 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Confidence defiantly lost. 😞

What did he want you to wait for ??
Message 72 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

To see if putting the phone onto 2G made any difference!  Now I know it can make a difference but as my iPhone worked perfectly well on 2, 3 and 4G so I expect this one to do the same!

To be fair, the reception has improved and at work is almost as good as the iPhone.  It's seemed better since I had my old SIM back but I don't know if that's coincidence or not.  I just need to try and like the phone now - I want to but I'm finding it hard, especially since I realised I've got to go through the calendar on my iPad and manually add everything into the phone calendar...  My husband has set it up so anything new will link between the iPad and phone but he couldn't get existing dates to go across.

Message 73 of 121

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Sync your ipad calendar with your Google account and will auto sync on the S5.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 74 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

We've tried that but for some reason existing entries aren't appearing.  I'll try again later as I realy don't want to have to re-enter everything!

Message 75 of 121

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Maybe you need to check some settings somewhere (sorry, not an iPhone expert) but my wife uses a 4S and I'm android and we share calendars through Google and can update/sync etc without issues.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 76 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will do, thanks MI5.

Message 77 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree if someone is having connection issues or just don't have access to 3G or 4G then switch in the interim to 2g etc ,but as you say the iPhone connected to 3G without issue ,and your masts are showing as good.

Syncing over data can be a pain sometimes and perhaps a google search / YouTube will help.

Message 78 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

And another problem (sorry!) - I can't receive messages from anyone with an iPhone.  I presume my number is still linked to iMessage as they are coming through on my iPad.  I've looked online and all I can find out is how to deregister when I've got the phone but I don't have it any more! 

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance yet again.

Message 79 of 121

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Did you not sign out on the phone and factory reset it before you traded it in?
You may have to go back to CPW and get them to wipe the phone as I don't think your phone number is linked to the iPad?
Unless you can just sign out on the iPad but that would mean your iPad was no longer linked to your Apple iD either, wouldn't it??

Currently using:
Message 80 of 121