cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've done it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got a Galaxy S5 that is! In the end I decided to stick with O2 and upgraded through CPW - I was ignored in the O2 store (hardly any staff) so went to CPW and ended up with a better deal.

One question - they did a SIM swap instore and, while I can use the phone, I haven't got my own phone number. When I checked on My O2 my number is showing so is it likely to sort itself out?

Also, I've noticed my contract renewal date is showing as December 2017 - I presume that's something O2 can sort out?

First impressions of the phone are good, sharp screen and very, very fast processor. I'll update more when I've had a chance to play with it properly.
Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was in the same position when I moved from the iPhone 5 to the iPhone 5s for a while. 4g was a deal-breaker for me with the iPhone 5.

When I paid out 1k for my MBA after moving from Windows I had Buyers Remorse big time.

That move was a big learning curve but I stuck with it and now love it.

We all get it.

If your signal is good and other phones in your household are working fine and call quality is crystal then the galaxy maybe the issue.

How is the call quality away from home. Ie did you try when visiting cpw
Message 61 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband is on Vodafone and uses a Sure Signal so I've got nothing to compare against.  Mind you, he's having problems with that since he upgraded to the Note 3!

I didn't actually think to try it when I went into town.  I should be back at work tomorrow so I'll try it then.

I've been looking at the S5 on Ebay and a couple have sold for around £500 so it might be worth getting over my hatred of Ebay if I do decide to sell!

Message 62 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Be very careful with E Bay. So many horror stories.

If your adamant to sell and no friends or colleagues are interested then perhaps CEX / Gumtree / Grainger Games would be safer albeit perhaps less money but no fee's !

With CEX you could trade it in to get more value and take the iPhone or another make.

Even Facebook has selling sites where you meet the person and exchange. (Be with a friend /public place etc)
Message 63 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what's putting me off to be honest as I have been bitten.  When I was getting married I had another wedding dress before the one I settled on.  I Ebayed the first one and was really pleased when i got back what I paid for it - until the cheque bounced!  Obviously I hadn't sent it but I had to go through the dispute procedure with Ebay and when I listed it again the buyer changed her mind after the auction closed.  I haven't sold much since then!  I also don't want to pay Ebay huge amounts in fees!

I'm going to give it until the weekend as I'll be out and about a bit and then, if I do decide to sell, I'll go into CEX.

Thanks for all your help and advice - and patience!!!

Message 64 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nightmare.

Probably best move is to step back and take some time to get used to it and see if it's your home area and not the phone that is causing the clarity issue.

If the phone is not performing by connecting and perhaps 2G switching is not helping etc then at least you have choices.

I assume your a member at CEX.
Message 65 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I've used CEX a few times and found them OK.  Last time I traded in a phone Mazuma were actually paying more than CEX so I'll look at them as well.

Message 66 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
I sold my iPhone 5 for £250 to CEX after Apple offered £160 on their trade in programme. 😞

The only thing that puts me off sending phones in to these companies are lost phones, adjusted offers due to something they say affects the price and if you don't accept a p&p is payable to get it back.

Happened to my son with a HTC. He just accepted the reduced offer !

Obviously I submit not everyone experiences this scenario.

Let us know how you get on and tbh if I had £500 disposable income I'd be arranging a transfer of funds. wink
Message 67 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lol BoB!

Mazuma has always been pretty good. If the phone is reasonable value I send it Special Delivery just to be on the safe side. By husband took a chance with his and was lucky.

I have to say the S5 is much easier to use to post on here as the screen is so much better!
Message 68 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
There ya go...... A positive. slight_smile
Message 69 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tracey, CPW can most certainly do cancellations regardless of what they tell you instore or online so if you really can't get to grips with the handset take it back and stand your ground, don't lose out on it.
Message 70 of 121