cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've done it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got a Galaxy S5 that is! In the end I decided to stick with O2 and upgraded through CPW - I was ignored in the O2 store (hardly any staff) so went to CPW and ended up with a better deal.

One question - they did a SIM swap instore and, while I can use the phone, I haven't got my own phone number. When I checked on My O2 my number is showing so is it likely to sort itself out?

Also, I've noticed my contract renewal date is showing as December 2017 - I presume that's something O2 can sort out?

First impressions of the phone are good, sharp screen and very, very fast processor. I'll update more when I've had a chance to play with it properly.
Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll try but I'm not sure what I'm doing so it might take a while!

I don't mind screen protectors but only the crystal clear ones. I've got an anti glare one on my camera and it does the job (I can't see anything in sunlight otherwise!) but it ruins the look and feel of the screen.
Message 21 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've gone through cheap ones to phone devil ones to Zagg and I just couldn't get used to the feel.

The glass these smartphones now come with is tough enough for me.

Just save a copy of the pic to your pictures folder in your phone or PC/mac then upload it onto your post via the rich editor. It's the TV looking icon.
Message 22 of 121

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Strange for CPW, I've always found them to be very good.... Maybe it's store dependent ??
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it could be MI5.  I know a lot of people are happy with them and the deals are good, hence me going there.  My husband has used them in the past and was happy but this time was a pain.  It was sorted fairly easily in the end so I'm hoping mine will be as well!

Here's the case (if it works!)...

Minnie Mouse.JPG

Message 24 of 121

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Very cute slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi traceyjs1975

I got my handsets from CPW and to be fair they were very thorough and did everything they were meant to.

They even made clear the contractual element re price increases during the fixed term.

Have never upgraded through them so can't comment on that but I would have no hesitation about going back to them again in the future. 😀
Message 26 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pretty case.

Message 27 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good point, they didn't mention the price increases - presumably they thought I knew!  I think it depends on the member of staff (the same as any shop to be fair).

My husband was told in the Vodafone store that it's not worth doing a SIM swap at the weekend as it never works!

Message 28 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Heya @Anonymous so ur enjoying the phone...I was about to buy it but instead took the z1 couldn't wait for it to be released
Message 29 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked at the Z1 but the shape put me off - it was too square.  And yes, I know I shouldn't judge by looks but there didn't seem to be a lot of difference between the Z1, S5 and One M8!

How are you getting on with the Z1?

Message 30 of 121