cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've done it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got a Galaxy S5 that is! In the end I decided to stick with O2 and upgraded through CPW - I was ignored in the O2 store (hardly any staff) so went to CPW and ended up with a better deal.

One question - they did a SIM swap instore and, while I can use the phone, I haven't got my own phone number. When I checked on My O2 my number is showing so is it likely to sort itself out?

Also, I've noticed my contract renewal date is showing as December 2017 - I presume that's something O2 can sort out?

First impressions of the phone are good, sharp screen and very, very fast processor. I'll update more when I've had a chance to play with it properly.
Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with iMessage as most wouldn't connect to having to uncheck your mobile number before releasing the iPhone to someone else as the easy solution.

I concur. Use all that as ammo as it may lend weight to your situation.

Take all your bits and pieces and ask to speak with the store manager.
Message 91 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll report back when I've done it - not sure if I'll make it tonight but if not I'll try and get there tomorrow.

Message 92 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking forward to your update.

Hopefully a reasonable one.

wink
Message 93 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well after an unsuccessful trip to CPW I am now the proud owner of both an iPhone 5S and and Galaxy S5! They would only exchange the S5 so I have that, brand new in the box and ready to sell, and I bought a 5S which the trade in of my old iPhone and and the sale of the Galaxy will pay for.

Not an ideal situation and I'm very, very disappointed by hey ho, you learn by your mistakes and I seem to make a lot of them!

BTW I got the guy in CPW to put my SIM in the iPhone, no way was I going to risk getting them home separately!
Message 94 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well what an adventure.

I assume your not going to be tempted to test out the S5 for call quality.

Where did you get the iPhone 5s from @Anonymous
Message 95 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suspect @Anonymous will want to keep it in the sealed box to maximise value but selling on eBay or similar (as we all know) carries significant risk. ...
Message 96 of 121

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
In the past on ebay I have sold loads of phones but make sure you restrict who can bid and vet them etc. But luckly I have never had a problem as a seller . I also only send the phone by special delivery to ensure it is insured and tracked. I also only have accepted paypal . Yes the fees are there but set the price right you will cover them .
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 97 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous yes, I am tempted but, until I decide how I'm going to dispose of it, it's staying in the box!  My husband is a bit disappointed that he doesn't get another charger!  Unfortunately the iPhone was bought from CPW and so is now locked to O2.  I would rather have got it from Apple but as I didn't have a phone (and no local Apple store) I didn't really have a choice!

@Anonymous I have to think of the best way of getting rid now.  I don't know anyone who would want to buy it so I've got to start doing some research.  I'm reluctant to use Ebay but don't know any other ways apart from CEX or Mazuma.

Message 98 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess like all of these things it depends on how much you want for it. Once you know that you can consider the price to offer it at. ...
Message 99 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Take your time regarding selling the Galaxy S5. Ask family , friends and colleagues.

I asked about the iPhone as I thought about the locking out to O2. 😞

Their are safe guards with e bay and PayPal but my choice would not to go down that route.

Gum Tree is another choice.
Message 100 of 121