cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've done it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got a Galaxy S5 that is! In the end I decided to stick with O2 and upgraded through CPW - I was ignored in the O2 store (hardly any staff) so went to CPW and ended up with a better deal.

One question - they did a SIM swap instore and, while I can use the phone, I haven't got my own phone number. When I checked on My O2 my number is showing so is it likely to sort itself out?

Also, I've noticed my contract renewal date is showing as December 2017 - I presume that's something O2 can sort out?

First impressions of the phone are good, sharp screen and very, very fast processor. I'll update more when I've had a chance to play with it properly.
Message 1 of 121
120 REPLIES 120

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The sim swap takes a while to kick in. I'd give it 24 hours to settle down, same for the details in my O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well lucky you.

I played with one in cpw for around 30 mins.

Lovely phone.

As MI5 says it should settle if not cs should be able to assist.

What did you do with the iPhone ?

So if you didn't go for Refresh what did you get ?

What colour did you opt for
Message 3 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nice one Tracy looks like a great phone
Message 4 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oooh traceyjs1975

We all look forward to hearing your thoughts about this handset. O2 and others seem to be pushing it hard even offering those with an S4 and in contract if they want to upgrade and o2 will pay off the balance of the account to contract date (note you have to have received an email or a text - you can't just call up to upgrade)
Message 5 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
I traded in the iPhone and got £304. I know I could have got more selling on EBay but I've been bitten a couple of times when I've sold anything expensive.

I'm on a £38 a month contract with unlimited minutes and texts and 5GB of data. I got the handset free of charge. If I'd upgraded through O2 I'd have paid for the handset and and then £43 a month.

The phone is white. I was going to go for blue but once I've put a case on it no one will notice!
Message 6 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
I personally would no longer sell a high end phone or buy a phone via eBay anymore. Too many scams and rip offs and eBay not really getting to grips with it.

Wise moves Tracey ☺
Message 7 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Places like gum tree and CEX are better options or Apples own trade in programme if your buying another apple product but money is typically lost through such avenues. 😞

A few people prefer the blue version !

What do you feel about the back of the phone ie the feel of it ?

Good to hear you got the deal you wanted. Is it a 24 month one.
Message 8 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mazuma were offering more than CEX for the iPhone when I checked but I didn't really want to post the phone.

I liked the blue but the white is a pearly white, not just a flat white so it was a bit different.

The back of the phone is a bit cheap and plasticky feeling to be honest - it looks better than it feels. I had hoped that Samsung might have improved that since the S3.

Yes, it's a 24 month contract, or 44 if My O2 is to be believed!
Message 9 of 121

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just for future reference Tracy I've sent many phones to mazuma I've not had one problem always full money the day they receive it but I can understand some people don't like the idea
Message 10 of 121