cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I upgrade???

Anonymous
Not applicable

This may sound like a really stupid question but how to I upgrade to the phone I want?? Im scheduled for  a free upgrade in August (a while away, I know, but I thought I should check some phones out now) and I was wondering what happens. Do i have to email them and say that my contracts run out and i want to upgrade or will they contact me, or will they just send me a phone that they think ill like???

sorry, Im really new to this :S

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me slight_smile

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can choose any phone and see the prices and monthly fees in MyO2 along with your upgrade options, you can normally do this in the last 30 days of the contract.

If you do nothing your contract will continue on a monthly basis until you decide what to do.

On a "free" upgrade your choices might be limited.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

No dont wait for them. Start browsing now for deals /phones you want...

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/#sort=content.sorting.featured

If you find what you want, just contact CS a month before contract end....or you can do it via My O2

http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Another option would be to buy a phone outright (funds permitting) and go for a sim only deal (as I did in January)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 14

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Pop in an o2 shop when you're ready, say ello mate I wanna upgrade to the happy staff member serving you (if he's not happy give him a hug, it works) choose ya phone, choose ya tariff, pat the staff member on the head on ya way out, walk out grinning like a Cheshire cat cuz you got a new toy.
Well, that's what I do anyway...
Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Pop in an o2 shop when you're ready, say ello mate I wanna upgrade to the happy staff member serving you (if he's not happy give him a hug, it works) choose ya phone, choose ya tariff, pat the staff member on the head on ya way out, walk out grinning like a Cheshire cat cuz you got a new toy.
Well, that's what I do anyway...

Ah yes...but you are unique @viridis...however...yep...that's a good way to go...Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Just log in here to see what you can get and what it will cost https://www.o2.co.uk/upgrade/?disambiguation_id=a4ce6c4e-2292-4194-a7a0-68714d328595
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous I hope you find the advice above useful. What phone do you want to get?
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
They've all been wonderful! I've been thinking about the LG G4 and some of the Galaxy phones look good too. I need something high powered because I use a lot of fitness apps, and listen to a lot of music
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much! Sorry for the late reply, I didn't realize people would answer so quickly!
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much for the links slight_smile
Message 10 of 14