cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I Save A Post For Future Reference?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

How do I save a post so that I can find it easily rather than browsing through pages of threads to look for it?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you just want to save the wording of a single message - you could just highlight entire message text, copy and then paste into whatever  program you use for saving notes and useful information.  Evernote is very good for that sort of thing.  There is a free version and you can get a free 12 month upgrade to the Premium edition via O2 (at least I think the offer is still available.  See http://www.o2.co.uk/perks/evernote-premium for details.

End of commercial!  slight_smile

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion @Anonymous but i'd rather not bookmark it to my computer as I don't always use this computer.

P.S. the screenshots are always helpful slight_smile

Ok - If you have Cloud storage you could save the message URL (or the mesage text) to that so it would be available to you whatever computer you are using.

Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome @gemz4the1

Alternatively you could screen grab a particular post and it'll upload into your camera roll if on an device etc.
Message 13 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Simply use the drop down  box on the particular poSt and book. If you want to refer to it go into your account settings/bookmarks......

Message 14 of 18

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thanks for your help.

@jonsie your idea is just what I wanted slight_smile

Message 15 of 18

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I have tried to bookmark a post as you suggest @jonsie , however I can't find it now.  It said it was successfully added to my bookmarks/subscriptions but now I can't find it.  I have looked on the homepage and on my user profile page but there's nothing there, nor is there anything on the settings.  I have also checked my 'quick links' option at the top of the page but I still can't find it.  Any ideas?

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also bookmark the threads I'd like to read later...
Other thing I do but more related to my role as a community coordinator is to collect in an Excel document interesting threads with new ideas, reviews, guides ... I guess that you could also create a document like this @gemz4the1
Message 17 of 18

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Good idea @Anonymous - thanks slight_smile

Message 18 of 18