Anonymous
Not applicable
For iPhone / iPad owners.

iOS 8.1 is now live to download.
Message 1 of 190
189 REPLIES 189

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update maybe just bedding in or a totally innocent issue maybe in connection to your masts.
Message 51 of 190

Anonymous
Not applicable
Masts are all fine. I'm sure it'll settle in eventually
Message 52 of 190

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sending and receiving texts off my Macbook?!?!? FAB!
Message 53 of 190

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

SMS relay is amazing! Love sending texts via my mac grin

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 54 of 190

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gemz4the1 wrote:
Has the O2 carrier settings been updated? Mine says 18.0 now. I can't remember what it used to be. I'm disappointed that we still can't manually switch yet other networks can

I'm still on 8.0.2 gemz and this is what mine shows:

IMG_0044.png

Message 55 of 190

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mines 18
Message 56 of 190

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll probably update to 8.1 tomorrow, its too late now zzzzzz.

Message 57 of 190

Anonymous
Not applicable
It pretty quick update actually, I didnt even have to connect to Macbook or anything
Message 58 of 190

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Is anyone able to confirm how 8.1 is on an iPad 2?

My iPad 2 is currently on iOS 8.0.2 and it runs like a dog slight_frown 

Since moving from iOS 7 to 8, my iPad is no longer a joy to use! Safari is SERIOUSLY laggy and buggy, animations just stutter and take forever (opening and closing apps takes more than 4 seconds while you sit and wait for the iPad to struggle with the 'opening' and 'closing' animations. Turning the animation option off does NOT resolve this), touch screen is also VERY slow to respond (tapping an icon results in a reponse 5 seconds laterCrazy), among LOADS of other issues..........

I 'updated' (a VERY loose term indeed:smileysad:) via OTA on previous updates but this time around, I am gonna use iTunes, hoping this will reslove all my issues..........

Message 59 of 190

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I can't reply ref the iPad 2 question.

If you look on MacRumors you may find some end user feedback. Here's one such thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1805413

As your stuck on iOS 8.0.2 if this was me I'd think what do I have to lose as I can downgrade back to ios 8.0.2 from ios 8.1 ,but would have to be quick as the window is short with apple. 😔.

They should imo extend this window so a person can get to grips for a few weeks and go back if necessary.

I'd suggest updating via iTunes and set up as new and then either use your back up or start from scratch.

Good luck.
Message 60 of 190