cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphone Jack Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to send back my phone lasy week because the headphone jack would not recognise my earphones.

I'm with my new phone but too frightened to plug in my earphones in case the same thing happens again, the earphones are ok, brill sound and have been put into other devices to know that they work fine.

Its just strange why my phone does not like them, I went back to the ones I got with the phone, but you can tell the difference in sound quality.

I dont really want to be purchasing some more to find that my phone rejects them too, not sure what to do as music is a big thing for me with commuting and running etc.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Clean the headphone plug with some sort of low-strength alchohol solution like glass wipes or isopropyl-based solution. Nothing strong like bathroom cleaner or nail-varnish remover.

Try the headphones in another source if you have one like hi-fi, mp3 player or TV. Once you rule them out being an issue, you should be able to put your mind at rest. Consumer headphones don't need a lot of amplification.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I'm assuming it has a 3.5mm jack and so it is intended to accept any headphones / earphones with that sized jack.

Of course as the owner it's completely up to you.
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You'll never know unless you plug them in.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It would have been the first thing I tried after setting up the replacement  phone. That's the reason you returned it in the first place....

Message 5 of 5