Did you mean: 

Happy Internaut Day

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

25th Anniversary of the first public access to the World Wide Web

http://www.news18.com/news/tech/internaut-day-25-years-of-public-access-to-the-world-wide-web-128434...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

With the like of the wifi enabled kettles you can already control from your smartphone @Martin-O2 http://smarter.am/ikettle/# for example

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Martin-O2 wrote:

It's such a massive part of our daily lives now it's crazy to think back to when there was no Internet! 

Any predictions on what the Internet will be like in another 25 years? 

Ah yes happy days, making that trip to your local internet cafe to fire off that all-important email  Smiley Very Happy

In answer to your question, I will make a bold prediction that in the next 25 years, the internet will have finally killed off the Fax machine. No I'm only joking, they'll always be around  wink

Message 12 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@adamtemp64 Yes that's the sort if thing I was talking about! Also stuff like smart home where your door locks and heating are all online. 

@Anonymous Haha I think there will always be one or two dusty fax machines kicking around somewhere. I certainly wont miss that dreadful noise you get when you phone one accidentally. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 13