Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hair Disaster: Advice Wanted

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I doubt you can get any further 'off-topic' than this.

Does anybody have any tips for when you dye your hair and it goes wrong, i.e. it goes almost black instead of a light/medium brown?

I did a Google search but I just wondered if anyone has actually had the problem themselves?

All advice much appreciated slight_smile

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Isn't their hair stripping solutions available.

I'm sure my daughter used one before.
Message 2 of 33

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thank you for your suggestion BoB.

I've tried the stripping kit in the past and it ruined my hair - it was literally like straw.

I was hoping that by some miracle another member has tried another rememdy which will be less damaging to my hair.

Message 3 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Best course of action would to let it grow out.

Adding anything else could damage your hair as it's just gone through the prior treatment to colour it.
Message 4 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
How long will it last is it something you can live with
Message 5 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you are right the hair stripping stuff does nothing for the condition of your hair, but how's about doing the hair stripping thing again & then getting some really, really good stuff to regularly & often 'slap' on your hair to super condition it ..... I'm not a hairdresser = just I have my hair coloured = a permanant colour and I'm going from nasty iron grey at the back & white at the front (I know, not a good look) - I have a short, very good cut, I was 60 mid Jan & no way do I wish to look 'mutton dressed as lamb & I don't ... I have naturally greasy hair = don't condition it = havn't for years, because the permanent colour balances out my hair for what passes for me as acceptable - I don't use heat on my hair 'cos I've allus been useless with electric hair styling devices & hair products except shampoo

Sorry to have gone on so long

Hope you get it sorted out 

Message 6 of 33

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Don't know

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 7 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

A few tips from me, all tried and tested....

Crush some vitamin c tablets in to some shampoo (head and shoulders classic is best, but any will do for it) and put it on your hair as a mask and leave on for a good 30 to an hour minutes or so, this will remove quite a fair bit of pigmentation. After put some conditioner on and leave for a good 5 minutes to put some moisture back in.

Head and shoulders, baby shampoo and washing up liquid are all good home colour removers as well.

These wont completely strip the colour, but it will tone it down by removing a lot of the pigment.

Message 8 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd avoid the colour stripping kits at all costs - I used one and went pink and orange! When I had a colouring disaster the hairdresser recommended washing up liquid and a good deep conditioner.
Message 9 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very off topic i agree !

Something learnt tho.

Message 10 of 33