Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good news for Cheetahs

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's time something was done but why has it taken so long? Some horrifying figures in the news article! 

Cheetah trade: Nations to suppress social media enticement - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-37520377

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122829 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Of course as many of you know, the cheetah is my favourite big cat of all. Beautiful creatures who have a hard time surviving in their own environment against other big cat predators. They may be the worlds fastest land mammal but they are the most vulnerable. Appalling to know that 90% of their population has declined since the 1900's.

Cheetah conservation is actually failing...no matter how much effort is put into it.

The article talks about cheetah cubs being seized to 'fulfil the combination of fashion, technology and greed'

It doesn't talk about the loss of their environment., trophy hunting and being shot and killed for 'trespass' onto farm land....

It's all very well countries bringing in legislation to stop this awful practice. Vicious circle....this will only increase their value on the black market. Sorry to rant on...but this topic saddens me beyond belief.:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122829 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

cheetah

Just because.....heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I find it appalling that cretins think of it as sport to hunt these beautiful creatures to near extinction and anyone guilty of this should be marooned weapon less on some remote island where they are seen as a food supply chain. Let the alligators, snakes, bears and poisonous spiders rid society of these creatures. 

Message 4 of 4