Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glastonbury 2017

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Have deliberately left it a few weeks to allow the unlucky ones to get over their disappointment, but hopefully it shouldn't be quite so raw now....so, who was lucky and managed to get tickets?

After 3 hours of frustration a few weeks ago, I managed to bag mine. Smiley Very Happy If any of you guys are going, would be happy to buy you a pint and the Cider Bus and have a catch up. slight_smile

What do you all think of the rumoured headliners and couple of confirmed acts so far?

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 2 of 59

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Awesome to hear you got tickets @Wa10! Who are you excited to see?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 59

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Sorry, been out of the office for a few days, and with no real online access.

I'm fairly laid back when it comes to acts, try not to make any plans and just take it as it comes - makes for a more chilled out fest, and you end up seeing some real gems you'd probably never have seen if you spent the week camped in front of the Pyramid!

I enjoy all sorts of music, so will have a roam around looking for the unexpected, but love nothing more than chilling around the Acoustic Stage with a cold cider and soaking up the atmosphere. slight_smile 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 4 of 59

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Well I'm very jealous @Wa10 wink

I'm going to try to get to Download 2017, as my favourite band; System of a Down will be there. They are amazing live!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 59

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

The Glastonbury experience has now officially started...today is the first day of breaking in my new boots! grin  

Granted I probably look a bit of a muppet sat in the office in big, clunking walking boots, but far better to get the blisters out of the way now so that my feet are comfortable when trudging through muddy fields in Pilton. 

This weeks rumour that Green Day may headline the Other stage to tie in with their current tour has got me particularly excited I have to say! Talk about reliving my teenage years if they do perform. Bouncy

Message 6 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Many rumours about who 'may be headlining' @Wa10

Green Day (yummy)

Lady Gaga

Guns N Roses

Radiohead

I think Foo Fighters are now confirmed?....

Ed Sheeran (Yawn)

Rihanna 

Kasabian have been ruled out as they are headlining Leeds and Reading

http://www.nme.com/blogs/festivals-blog/glastonbury-festival-2017-headliners-1554775

My lad missed out on tickets again...so we avoid talking about Glastonbury in our family slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 59

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Oh dear, sore subject then. 😞

I'm quite active on another comunity which is focussed on the Festival scene, where rumours abound as you say. Quite a few of them are fairly nailed on (including Ed, who's not getting a lot of love but I'm quite looking forward to, lol) however the Green Day one is quite a new thought. It does fit in with their tour, and would be a cracking show, but there's question marks over whether they're still too big for the Other stage, as there's no obvious openings on the Pyramid if our other thoughts are correct.

Normally I wouldn't give headliners much thought at all and would be focussed on the smaller hidden gems, however I have to say this years lineup is really getting my attention! 

Message 8 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122922 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

My lad has been every year since god knows when. (even known to get in once by scaling the fence back in the day when security was minimal) Always spends his birthdays there. So yes he is gutted. Hoping to get lucky with resale .....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 59

Wa10
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

If he needs a hand trying for the resale, by all means give me a shout. slight_smile I'll probably be helping out for a few others from over on eFests too. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll get there one way or another.

Thought I was going to be in the resale myself, only struck lucky in the dying minutes on T day. 

Message 10 of 59