cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun : Killer mobile phone features we want to make a comeback!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline : Killer mobile phone features we want to make a comeback!

"The recent news that Apple’s iPhone 6 could feature a light-up logo, signalling the return of the notification light, was a welcome one, but it got us thinking about other features from yesteryear that we’d love to see make a return. Although some functions are best forgotten, others could genuinely help to make smartphones not only better, but smarter. Read on for the forgotten phone features we want to see pop back up!"

My thoughts :

Would would you like to see re introduced ? I once owned a Nokia with a chameleon style casing. That was awesome as it changed shades as you looked at it at different angles.

Source : The Gadget Show.
Read more here : http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/killer-mobile-phone-features-we-want-to-make-...
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to see removable batteries on most phones if samsung can do it I don't see why apple and nokia etc can't that's one of the main reasons I like my note 3
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous said "I would like to see removable batteries on most phones if samsung can do it I don't see why apple and nokia etc can't that's one of the main reasons I like my note 3"

I concur. slight_smile
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

"...signalling the return of the notification light...but it got us thinking about other features from yesteryear that we’d love to see make a return."

Emmm...most phones have always had the notification light! All of my BlackBerry's have had a customisable notification light which we can change colour depending on app or caller via an app. I know that Samsung Galaxy phones have a notification light and I'm sure the Sony Xperia devices do too!

Is this not just a case of Apple finally catching up with everyone else rather than old features returning?

As for actual old features...How about a battery that lasts a week? The proper original version of Snake? 

Or, wait for it, how about a physical keyboard again? wink

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
iPhones have never had a notification light, apart from a spec where the flash on the back could be set to blink to alert. Known as LED Flash for Alerts in the Accessibility menu settings.

What their on about is having the Apple Logo light up.

This was possible not too long ago by fitting a 3rd party back plate.

To me this is more like a Belisha beacon telling every would be mugger that you are using an iPhone. 😞
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I must admit I like my notification light and would miss it if it was gone I don't know apple never included one
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

They do.

". Known as LED Flash for Alerts in the Accessibility menu settings."

It's just not that well known to users.
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Ok well here goes...When mobile phones came out they were bigger than house bricks and weighed pretty much the same.

Then as time went on it became 'en trend' for them to get smaller and smaller and lighter and lighter..

Very cool for youngsters I am sure...:*Sniffs*

Now thankfully it is becoming trendy again to be seen with a phone that is 'big' (like the Note 3)

Thank god for small mercies sez me....

I am getting 'much' older you see...but would hate to be seen with a non trendy phone...

Just one I could actually see to use, would be quite nice... LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I actually knew about that @Anonymous and had it activated when I had an iphone but it's not quite the same the notification light on my Samsung goes different colours for different things email,text etc where as the apple one is just a flash and it's on the back of the phone so if it's on a desk you can't see it anyway
Message 9 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
I'd like smartphones to return to the their roots in terms of casing and protection. While there are a few out there that are more resistant to wear/tear and dropping, I'd like it to apply to more brands so that cases are not a mandatory purchase (for a 'dropper' like myself)

Do you remember the Nokia 3510? Indestructible slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 13