cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun : Got any plans for Bank Holiday Monday ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys and Gals,

So we have another Bank Holiday tomorrow and the weather's looking ok.

For those that are working it I hope your getting triple time or double time and a day off in lieu slight_smile

For me its either a trip to the East Coast ~ Scarborough

Scarborough Logo.jpg

Or stay local and visit Rounday Park

roundhay-park.jpg

Or Otley

Otley_Wharfemeadows_2009.jpg

Any plans yourself ? 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It will be packed but the price is astronomical compared to the days when I took my kids to Jungle Jims in there.

But they have added many attractions inside and you can happily spend the whole day in there with little chance of boredom.

Message 21 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

It will be packed but the price is astronomical compared to the days when I took my kids to Jungle Jims in there.

But they have added many attractions inside and you can happily spend the whole day in there with little chance of boredom.

I've never been to the top of Blackpool Tower or been into the below complex slight_frown

On most of our excursions there it always seemed that we B Lined for the South Shore Pleasure Beach !  Drum

Message 22 of 28

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

These days kids won't settle for an ice cream, fish and chips whist walking down the prom to the pleasure beach and then puking on the big dipper ........ which brings back memories of my teenage Blackpool excursions. LOL

Although usually followed by copious amounts of beer in the nightclubs....:smileywink:

Have many, many memories of wild times in Blackpool before it turned into a partial ghost town like so many other northern based hotspots like Rhyl, Southport, Llandudno, Fleetwood etc.:smileysad:

Message 23 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We went on a Rock and roll weekend in Blackpool with the gang...brilliant time.. We stayed at the Metropole Hotel.... I love it. I wouldn't want to holiday there, but it was great revisiting places we went too with the kids

You don't have to be snobby to have a good time at Blackpool...just drunk...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've seen recently it hosts a lot of Stag and Hen parties now.

Bars with poles if you get my meaning.

I did watch a recent Tv Documentary on the place and was astonished at the deprivation that happens just a few streets back from all the lights and fun.

One of the highest unemployment areas in the Uk I think I saw.

Message 25 of 28

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes, with the advent of the computer age, high parking fees, run-down buildings and the drop in tourist numbers, Blackpool has suffered alarmingly and now caters for a different type of day-tripper. Take away the Tower, the Pleasure Beach and the Illuminations and get away from the promenade and you see a different Blackpool these days. There used to be streets full of B&Bs but many are now closed due to lack of business. Sad really.

Message 26 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This is what we found...its like the old lady wears a brash overcoat, but look underneath that  and everything is full of holes.

As a say for a weekend away like we had... with all the groups in the hotel (and some of the nicest rooms I have ever stayed in anywhere) we didn't need to go far..

We could run back to the Metropole...and get stuck into the bar...Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 28

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions