Facebook Moves Into The Office

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get the sack from your job.

1. Go to work
2. Spend all day on Facebook.

3. Message your friends all day. 

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30819036

Is it any wonder companies are blocking access to Facebook on their internal systems?

Bang

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Good grief. I cant think of anything more ridiculous. No matter what they say it is intended for ....we all know it will be abused.....People using FB for their own personal use. Open to all sorts of abuse.

In my job within the NHS I had no time for any of that nonsense. I rarely even got a break

I was far too busy caring for critically ill patients, juggling bed management, teaching staff etc etc...Often working hours of unpaid overtime in an effort to get everything done to a high standard

I am not looking for sympathy...that was my job and I worked hard at it. I had no time to be logging into Facebook...for whatever reason....Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
But @Cleoriff surely today's teenagers and twenty somethings don't expect to have to do something called work do they? Surely they should be texting their mates and going on Facebook. Work must surely be left to others.

People going to work to actually work? ?? Well I never. Who would ever have come up with such a concept. 😄😄😄😄😄😄
Message 3 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
But @Cleoriff surely today's teenagers and twenty somethings don't expect to have to do something called work do they? Surely they should be texting their mates and going on Facebook. Work must surely be left to others.

People going to work to actually work? ?? Well I never. Who would ever have come up with such a concept. 😄😄😄😄😄😄

Hmmmmm...they obviously never worked for me then Nick....Work till you drop was my motto (what a witch hey) LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have access to the Internet whilst at work, but obviously am free to do as I wish during break times.

Even then I am not allowed to make it public knowledge where I work just in case someone takes my views as those of my employer!

I do know that they use software that trawls all social media sites in case someone mentions the company name!

Message 5 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

In my Hospital all computers were linked ONLY to the NHS website and set up by out inhouse IT dept.

Only if you were very tech savvy could anyone bypass this system...  You wouldn't bother bringing in your own laptop....you never found time to use it...Or unless you had a locker, you risked it going missing....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 15

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

A post which mentions Facebook - isn't that something you're completely against @Anonymous ? Whistle

Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Errr clearly my first post was intended as a criticism of Facebook on here. Suggest re reading the first post.
Message 8 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Errr clearly my first post was intended as a criticism of Facebook on here. Suggest re reading the first post.

That's the way I read it too. ...

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm confused! It must too early!
Message 10 of 15