cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Essential apps can you not live without?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

hey guys, 

A while back I started discussion on what apps people are currently using. It was interesting to see the wide variety of apps that the community find useful and the thread certainly brought a few apps to my attention that I would not have otherwise taken a look at. 

This got me thinking about which apps I use every day and which ones are essential to me getting through the day. If you had to chose 3 apps that would be the only apps you can use which ones would you pick and why? 

My choices would be...

Whatsapp - I use this to stay in touch with friends and family both at home and abroad. 

National Rail Journey planner - This is a must for getting to work on time as the frequent delays and cancellations mean re-planning my route at least a couple of time a month. 

YouTube - I use this app a lot for tutorials, music and general fun viewing and it would be difficult not to have access to this on a phone or tablet. 

So what about you? If you had to pick only 3 apps that you can use what would they be and why?

Also is there an app that you now use that replaced an app that did a similar job? If so what prompted you to change? 

Apps 1 .jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Whats app is a must, i like the unishare app as this posts pics etc to multiple social media platforms and onedrive as my entire music and picture collection is in the "cloud"
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 11

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Curr946 I've not tried unishare. It sounds really useful! Any bugs or issues with it or does it work well? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
dji Go.
Without it the automation on my drone is non existent.
For point of interest shots, waypoints and vital information from my Phantoms health, this app is indispensable.
Message 4 of 11

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
@Toby, now and again it will close on you, but it's just been updated toa universal windows app so maybe still a few bugs in the code.
Message 5 of 11

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
dji Go.
Without it the automation on my drone is non existent.
For point of interest shots, waypoints and vital information from my Phantoms health, this app is indispensable.

Is the app made for your specific drone @viridis, or a general drone app?

@Curr946, we used to google drive here at the office but are giving OneDrive a go from now on! Hopefully its a good system wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 11

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Cant compare the two as not used Google drive. But onedrive does everything I need.
Message 7 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's specific to dji Phantoms, inspires and other dji products.
Message 8 of 11

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I use OneDrive business and personal - like it as it is a lot better than Google to use - much easier for web access....

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

One Drive for me....but I am talking about laptop....When I had it installed a year or so ago it was a revelation to me.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11