cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Iphone 4S for periods throughout the day monday to friday

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible for 02 to disable a phone for given periods of time?  I need to limit the phone use by my young niece whilst at school without resorting to taking the phone off her.  Is it possible for 02 set up an automatic disable of the phone monday to friday between the hours of 8.45am - 3.30pm?  The phone is on monthly contract rather than PAYG.  I think I know the answer but I live in hope.

Thank you

Karen

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93239 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

No I'm sorry @Anonymous but it just isn't possible I'm afraid.  I'm sure there is nothing in the phone's settings either that would limit the use

Message 2 of 16

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I'll bet there's an app you can download to do this for you!

Have a look in the app store! You might just find what you're looking for!

If she had an android device, you can do this in settings!

Good luck,

Charlie.
Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I think you may have to resort to one of two things @Anonymous

1) Take the phone off her

2) Make her pay the bill....

Be strong....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's an Apple issue until they allow external developers to access the OS this won't be possible.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
While I agree the use should be limited, school kids should not be allowed to take mobile phones to school, they need education, not playing games or on Facebook when they are supposed to be learning & gaining skills for their futures & im not casting aspirations on anyone but kids should not be having a monthly account as you can guarantee they will always go over the allowances & the parents have to foot the bill & accept the consequences
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I will be strong! K
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I'll have a look. K
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with you but it's amazing how many kids do take their phones into school and despite school rules they do sometimes use their phones but usually during breaks only.   I think this is one for parents not the school.  The contract is my name so I can monitor use and therefore overspends are rare and low cost, usually £5.00 at most, but I know of children who have run up horrendous bills for the bill payer.

I am shocked and disappointed that the industry has not yet developed a device and contract for children's' (under 18s) use that parents have more control of and children more restrictions.   Children should not be able to 'lock' their phones in my opinion.   

K

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. K
Message 10 of 16