cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data and my O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
My O2 says that I have a certain amount of data left to a certain day but I've had my phone for one day? Does that mean by the end of the day I will have another 1gb please help?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the forum slight_smile

I'm presuming this is a new contract. When you get the phone you get a certain amount of data up to your billing date. The date you have been given will be when you get your full allowances so yes, if your tariff includes 1GB then you will get that to use up to the same date next month.

Don't be too alarmed when you get your first bill because you will pay for the first few days plus your normal tariff (one month in advance) so it will be slighter higher. After the first bill you will then pay your agreed tariff charge.

Payment is always due 14 days after the billing date so expect the direct debit (if you have set one up) to debit your account around the 8th of next month.

Anything else you need to ask just shout out slight_smile

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my O2 it will say data remaining until then the date that is when you will get your full allowance as Jonsie says
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Try to use free Wifi when and where you can to help preserve your data allowance.

But if you do run out on a monthly contract it stops.

If on Payg you drop onto web daily with is 50mb per day until your next anniversary date.

Be aware text, minute and data allowances do not roll over into the next month. And neither do bolt on allowances.

In both scenario us you can add more data via a bolt on.

Link to available options ; http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-web-daily-web-daily-bolt-on-monthy-web-bolt...
Message 4 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You can't add a bolt on if you are in the very first few days of a new contract but you shouldn't need to as it's usually just one days pro rata use you get and the next day your full months allowance will start.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is where Vodafone win hands down with their unlimited data for the first 3 months of your contract. Gives the use a chance to understand what data allowance they need.

O2 food for thought @Toby
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only problem I see with that is if they need more than Vodafone offer after the 3 months they are stuffed as they don't do unlimited 😞
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
True but then neither do o2
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know mate but at least O2 don't give you a taste of unlimited then snatch it back after 3 months it wouldn't bother me as I don't use anywhere near my 8gb but many others seem to want more
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
As always fair point @damien1.

From Vodafone's point of view it gives people a chance to try the device to the full and to understand what data package they may need.

Eventually we will IMO see unlimited tariffs but just not yet I think Three or an mvno will start the trend.
Message 10 of 13